• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish and recycling have been carted over to the Place of the Bins

And while I was sorting that out, I set my MBA to work upgrading to the new version of MacOS, mainly because I want to have a play with the new SwiftData APIs

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^^No Chinese! Up before midday on a Sunday! WTF is going on?
      The world turned upside-down

Comment

Couple of leftover KFC drumsticks for lunch

Comment

Tea has been oniony sausage casserole with chips and peas

There's been a little bit of light drizzle but other than that, it's just been grey and a bit breezy. Mild though

Comment

This afternoon saw the usual run of US borders and NZ police

And then a bit of time playing around with SwiftData

Later: the standard Sunday evening fare of the latest episode of Ambulance and a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

I'd better get to sleep now. It promises to be a busy week: there's all the remaining stuff from the not-actually-ended project to do, plus it's my first week on a new project with a new team

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Slightly misty start; the sun looks like it might break through the fairly wispy cloud soon, though the forecast says not. Currently 13°C, with 18° being the expected high, and the barometers are steady at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning all, 0910 Oslo time

Misty this morning. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 16 expected.

Check out is at noon and we'll be off to catch our flight to Doha then onto Bangkok. Had a lovely time in Oslo, would recommend!

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dryishly dampish.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1013.5 mBar, 29.928 in Hg, 760.2 Torr, 14.699 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Back bad.

Telex machine gleaming.

Meanwhile on the 16th of July 2019 nothing much happened in the morning.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, bravely with bad back, duly washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

It's raining now. Big drops widely spaced.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the usual bollox.

Shopping trip to Morrisons (X7 down) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Freecell score: 83%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

JoP <- very strong JoP <- a bit.

The Fast and the Furious (1954) so thankfully free of Vin fecking Diesel et al.

Union with David Olusoga.

Fuzz (1972) with that Burt Reynolds cove, plus Raquel Welch. It's from an 87th Precinct novel by Ed McBain (something you'd be unlikely to see in a bookshop these days, I looked the other day). Meyer Meyer is supposed to be bald. I suppose they thought having two bald guys might confuse the punters. . It's a comedy apparently, though I'd quite happily get rid of the painters.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2023, 22:24.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back from sister's. Had a drink with old workmate while there and stayed at old uni mate's house for couple of nights on way back. Both with various serious medical conditions, glad I ain't like that yet.

Crazy problem with Excel. Bing API link to get drive miles ain't working. Click link and page opens with completely wrong key. Yet copy and paste into browser and page is ok with right key. Makes no sense.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X