• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hope the lurgy starts easing off soon, NF. My cold has been very mild, fortunately.
    Cheers. I'm thinking it might be very slightly better, but it's been quite variable so far, so who knows?

No Monkey Life this afternoon, though it's back next week. Instead, they devoted several hours to a programme about kangaroos

Tonight's only viewing was 24 Hours in Police Custody: The Predator

And later, I read some more of A Pattern of Islands

It's raining pretty steadily here now, and has been for an hour or two

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, but the rain from last night has moved on. Currently 5°C with an expected high of 8° this afternoon, briefly. The barometers are way down at 972/980mB, so I expect there may at least be some showers later

I got up thinking the lurgy felt marginally better, once I'd cleared out my extremely bunged up sinuses and coughed up a comparatively small quantity of catarrh. But the mere effort of making coffee, doing a Covid test, and just pottering around the flat has left me feeling physically drained, so maybe it's not as better as I thought. It does seem to present with an emphasis on a different symptom or subset of symptoms each day, while maintaining a general level of crappiness for all. Covid test was negative

Comment

^^^ OM.

Morning.

Sunday.

Wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

983 mBar, 29 in Hg, 737.3 Torr, 14.257 psi, (down from 987 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of August 2019 for NF it was variously warm, dry, wet, thundery, with a bad egg thrown in for good measure, whereas I had a nice bonfire and smoked the place out after offering up buckets of apples & pears to the god of the compost heap, combined with picking blackberries.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: "Rage at Dawn (1955)" with that Randolph Scott chap. I've not watched this before. Not a stunningly impressive example of the genre but ok for a wet Sunday afternoon.

5 minutes of America's book of secrets that I've watched before.

Freecell score when I can't be arsed to do anything else: 89% (up from 33% at one points), running average: 86%.

More book: there's only 200 pages left.

The Battle of the Somme has just commenced: when did jacky jumpers go & small nuclear weapons get substituted?

Just askin' like.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: last 10 minutes of Joe Kidd, first 10 minutes of Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Mysteries of the Deep: Gus Grissom & the Liberty 7 debacle. Trawler explodes in the Baltic: a gift from all the tulipe dumped after WWII. Blackbeard's Flagship: the Queen Anne's Revenge. Undersea volcanoes in the Pacific triangle of death off Japan/China.

Last 10 minutes of "The Enforcer" with that Clinton Eastwood chap again.

Rambo Last Blood (2019) interspersed with Godfather II (1974).

Curiously we must be much poorer around here this year since The Battle of the Somme was practically absent. Which was good.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2024, 00:47.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with lumps of fluff scurrying past at a rapid pace. Generally dull and damp. There was much wind and rain overnight. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 9 expected. Showers forecast this afternoon. Barometer has plummeted down to 990 mBar.

Bed has been stripped and part 1 is in the WM. I did consider putting it out on the line but, after popping out to empty all the plant saucers of water, I decided it was too cold and damp.

Comment

Can't decide where/whether to go for a walk 'cos the flipping weather can't decide what its doing, sunny, rain, sunny, rain...
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Heavy rain has given way to high winds and squalls. MMtSH has been for a short walk, but he needs a good blast, so nothing else for it but a 6km schlomp to a popular local hostelry, and possible a walk back too.

Comment

Nice rainbow outside, terminating almost in the centre of the block across the lawn

Comment

Lunch has been a few cold pigs in blankets, because they Needed to be Eaten™ and didn't involve any effort

And in other domestic news, I've managed to put a bedding wash on

Comment

We walked to the pub through wind and rain. It was closed, preparing for the party tonight. Landlady then said that since I had made the effort, I could have a drink. I asked for a pint of the guest ale and a pint of water. She poured a pint of guest and a pint of Otter.
                      Having enjoyed both, we then set off for home, The Wife picked us up about halfway. I carried MMtSH upstairs to our shower and got the mud off him. Then got the mud off the shower walls, and then had a shower myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X