• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

One less elder tree in the garden, and what I though was just a fallen tree, cut down years ago, turns out to be the stump of a very large pine, which will require a few sharp chains on the big saw to reduce in size.
      Now dosed up to the eyeballs on acetaminophen and naproxen so that I can sleep tonight. One (or possibly 2) more elders to come out tomorrow along with more prep for spring and summer.

In other news, I had to get The Wife a new broom handle today (the old one snapped) and also treated her to a new whirliygig clothes line as the old one was falling apart. It’s not even Valentines Day!
      The whirlygig is only used in winter and is in a bit of lawn that gets a lot of sunlight. The main lines are by the kitchen garden, but this time of year they go into the shade around 3pm.

And it’s TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        And with that, I announce the new millennium!

Comment

This afternoon, after some repeated NZ police stuff, Monkey Life was back, accompanied by various other wildlife programmes

And later, Inside M&S which was moderately interesting.

And then I started reading Eon by Greg Bear. I read this over thirty years ago, in the early 90s when somebody lent it to me, and I'm going to guess it must have been 1991 as I don't recall having any difficulty with the notion that the USSR still existed in the twenty-first century, and that ceased to be a thing that could happen at the end of that year

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            About to go out for our morning stroll. Cool but dry out.

Comment

Morning denizens

That was a very refreshing nine hours or so of sleep

It's patchy cloud out, sort of dappled with little blue patches, so there'll probably be a bit of sun getting through occasionally and briefly. Not quite frosty at 1°C, expected to get to 4° for a bit around lunchtime, and the barometers are soaring at 1016/1025mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, clear blue sky. Gentle breeze. A bit damp but generally dry. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 5 expected. Barometer up again, to 1026 mBar.

Off to Sussex by the sea to visit Mum today.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.6 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto.

The backspace key just stuck so this is the 2nd time I've typed this.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 759.56 Torr, 14.8808 psi, (up from 1020 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric, the dehumidifier is that side of the room).

Meanwhile on the 14th of August 2019, those long ago preplague days of sunshine endless rain tv programming was preparing us for WWIII with endless features on WWII, D Day, the Pacific War, and some clueless presenter on the BBC was waffling on about Putin's version of the nuclear ramjet while NF linked to an alternative future tome where WWIII had started with NK shooting down an airliner, which makes a change from the Russkies doing it I suppose.

Lunch: beans on toast etc. Energy saved by washing the dishes in the water recently used to wash the breakfast dishes.

Entertainment: clip show version of "The Unbelievable Truth" wherein every nut in the known universe is shown not to be a nut other than the hazelnut: there's lots of drupes, stonefruit, seeds, legumes, etc. etc. etc. which are collectively known as nuts but aren't.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine, cold shade, and blue sky with lots of cloud, some of which are black.

"ST IV: The Voyage Home (1986)". Love the bit with the whaling ship. .

Last bit of "This Happy Breed (1944)".

Canadian Customs thing: trunk full of human skulls which went back whence it came due to lack of paperwork. Chap returned over the border coz he was AWOL. Chap with $18 (US) who was let in since he would be living with a family.

NZ Highway Patrol. S3 E9. Must have seen this one half a dozen times.

Chunks of Tina Turner Live in 1993. Loved "Legs".

NZ Motorway Cops thing: chap blew 1145 on the alchometer. So out of it he pissed himself & fell asleep during the testing. Plus the usual selection of banned drivers. The curiously attired Indian dancer who failed to stop & couldn't understand why there were 3 cars following him was amusing. It's ok to be gay but stray out of your lane on the motorway & you're in big trouble.

Tea: chilli con carne etc. It seems to have got hotter since the last portion. The final portion is pencilled in for Thursday.

National Park Mysteries: Apache Sitgreaves National Forest: more lunacy. Mogollon big foot with strange DNA.

Vera S13 E1 "Fast Love". Not as good as last weeks but I suppose it'll bed in until it finishes.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2024, 18:03.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mad Max the Spannerhead has been walked.
                    The broken whirlygig has been dismantled and repurposed as 4 plant supports.
                    Gardening will begin shortly.

Comment

Greggs steak bake for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X