• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start, but it's uneven, undulating cloud and possibly turning patchy - there are already some near-blue areas. It seems a little breezy too. Currently 8°C heading for 10°, and the barometers are down a touch at 1019/1027mB

A reasonably OK night's sleep was had, though the abdomen woke me a few times when I shifted in my sleep. It's not as bad today as it was yesterday, but it definitely doesn't feel right
    ^^^OM.

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 12.9 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1030 mBar, 30.42 in Hg, 772.56 Torr, 14.94 psi, (down from 1033 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of August 2019 it was raining and I donated a convex mirror from the parents' bedroom, a part of my entire life, to some charity emporium where it sat unregarded for months.

Did I fail to mention the demise of the living room CFL bulb the other night? It started flickering & eventually died completely.

Changing said bulb involved standing on the arms of an armchair because I couldn't be arsed to walk 15 feet to get the steps.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom that eventually produced some drizzle.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: thankfully not ISIHAC which I loathe, but rather The Infinite Monkey Cage S15 "The Human Story: how we got here".

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 100%, running aveage: 86%.

Last 25 minutes of "The Naked Spur" with Jimmy Stewart, Janet Leigh and Robert Ryan.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: book.

History's mysteries. Blaze. Titanic.

NASA's unexplained files Quest. Apollo rocks: strangely magnetised, odd since the moon has no magnetic field and they were magnetised by a field twice that currently of earth. Kepler 186F: earthlike but 500LY away. The Vela incident. The disappearance of the Comet ISON. Diseases from space. Asteroid R3 peculiar breakup. Apollo 15 farside photo of something in Delport Crater. Curious atmospheric conditions 3 days prior above the Japanese tsunami. HARP?

NASA's unexplained files. Classified Delta 4 heavy launch. "THOR" test? "Footprints" on the moon: lava tube. Moving rocks in Death Valley. Kepler 10C. Space "slime" on the ISS windows. Return of the Space Eel during Hubble repair. Space suit failure: water ingress again.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2023, 09:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A new bedside reading lamp has arrived from Amazon. The old lamp that I picked up cheap from Homebase a fair few years ago doesn't really cut the mustard for reading, but this one is very snazzy - multiple colour temperatures, continuously variable brightness, and all that. It's powered over USB, but the bedside twin socket has USB ports so that's not a problem

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

My Dad's in a bad way again

Comment

My Dad's in a bad way again
            My Dad died at 17:10, while I was on my way down there

My sister and her husband were with him, though he wasn't really aware of things today from what they said. But at least he wasn't alone. I got there at quarter to six, and my brother, who had a longer way to come, got there around half six. The hospital staff allowed us to stay with him until we'd all had some time, which was good of them as they needed to get the space ready for somebody else - he was in the Acute Assessment Unit, and they're always busy.

I've come home now, because I want to try to get to see the GP about this pain in my abdomen tomorrow, and their online triage system isn't active at weekends - no point getting an appointment I can't go to because I'm not here and don't have enough time to drive back

Comment

My Dad died at 17:10, while I was on my way down there
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

For NF and family

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry and a nice sunrise giving the whole morning a rosy hue. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 forecast. No precipitation expected. Barometer at 1028 mBar

Had a lovely weekend in Glasgow, returned yesterday afternoon. Last week at work for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    For NF and family
                    WLMS.

There must be something about December 18th since it's exactly 10 years since my dad fell over, ended up in hospital, & never came back home.

Ho very hum.

<- manly for NF & family.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Misty.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (down from 1027 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of August 2019 some guff was related about long forgotten accomplishments of intersystem data transfer on 8" SSSD floppy diskettes.

I really did do some stuff back in the day, in what seems like another life.

Even disassembled the version of CP/M that was used on one of those testers mentioned.

Well there was no interweb back then & it was Xmas so WTF else would I do?

Freecell score: 82%, running average: 86%. It got as low as 52% at one point but was gradually dragged back up before I gave up.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: the thing at 13:45 on R4.

Freecell score: 79%, running average: 86%. Got bored. Gave up.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

One has run out of Glengettie tea bags: there's no stock thereof in any of the supermarkets which is pissing me off.

The ancient pack of other teabags that were part of a hamper years ago are not particulary interesting so I've opened the final packet of Glengettie leaf tea that's graced the cupboard since that disappeared from the shops likewise.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Book.

"The Mechanic (2011)" with that Jason Statham.

"Sudden Death (1995)" with that Jean Claude Van Damme chap.

"Hang 'em High (1968)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap looking very young.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2023, 23:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X