• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy windy grey day out, and expected to stay that way into the evening. Currently 5°C and rising to 7° later, so at least it's a bit warmer. The barometers are, as one might expect, down at 996/1004mB

Still: Thursday is (for me, this week) the new Friday!

Can't wait until next week, when Wednesday is the final Friday of the year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Later viewing was S1 of JFK: Destiny Betrayed in which Oliver Stone rehashes the assassination stuff.
      That should, of course, say E1. I doubt even Oliver Stone can find enough undisclosed material about Kennedy to justify a second series

Comment

Morning all
        V stormy over night and a filthy walk this morning, driving rain and rivers flowing down the lane.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just tracking a parcel here. It was picked up yesterday at 16:00 from near St Austell, Cornwall.
          At 02:25 this morning it was in Hinckley, Leicestershire, a journey of just over 260 miles.
          It was then put in another truck and driven to Exeter, where is arrived at 07:28 this morning. A distance of 180 miles.
          To get to Hinckley, the driver had to go past the Exeter depot (and probably stopped in there)

It's now out for delivery and due to arrive this afternoon. Total journey (assuming it went direct to each stop) = 480 miles. Which is only about 350 more than if it had gone direct.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

No current precipitation: it made up for that overnight.

Sunless.

Cold side of chilly in here at 11.1 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.4893 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of August 2019 NF had a very nice chicken casserole, then spent the night of 2nd/3rd of August being prodded & poked & injected & bloods taken in hospital, all of which had nothing much to do with his then current lurgie, while I was clearing more crap out of the garage to take down the dump.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y, Sliced bread: cotton vs linen vs bamboo vs something else. Turns out the last two are actually rayon.

Thing about tea: China: the Opium Wars.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers The World of Stonehenge: Neil Oliver wittering on about bronze.

Wheeler Dealer s9 E4 Renault Alpine 310.

The secret genius of modern life: headphones.

Trucking Hell S7 E20.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 December 2023, 19:07.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If I fill in next week's now, what am I supposed to do next week?
              OK, this is getting ridiculous. Just had an email asking if I can submit timesheets for the next 4 weeks, today. They will approve them before certain managers go off.

Comment

Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

An email has arrived from JetBrains, the manufacturer of my IDEs of choice, announcing that they now include an "AI Assistant". However, ClientGov doesn't allow the use of such things, due to lack of clarity over where data gets sent, how it gets used, and the risk of it being used to draw conclusions (correct or incorrect) about government intentions. So I hope it's turned off by default, otherwise I'll have to faff around working out how to disable it on my work machine

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Just had an email asking if I can submit timesheets for the next 4 weeks, today. They will approve them before certain managers go off.
                  Sounds like a win to me

That reminds me, I might as well do this week's timesheet now

Comment

Mundane laundry is laundering

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, made in the Remoska

The spud component was achieved by my usual Remoska technique of slicing them into discs and layering them on top, such that as the sauce gradually reduced, they absorbed the fat that had risen to the surface and crisped up nicely

Comment

Working...
                      X