• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pâté on toast for lunch

Getting gloomier here. Looks from the weather radar like rain is circling in from the north and should be here soon

Comment

Nasty grey & wet so just went for a local walk round the village. Looks nicer tomorrow, prob. a walk with loony lady 1.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 2 November 2023, 16:58.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That's me done for the week

Lots of rain here now. I had been planning to go to Sainsbury's but unless the weather improves in the next hour, which it won't, I don't think I'll bother. There'll probably still be rain tomorrow morning, but at least it'll be light

Comment

Watching Trucking Hell S7E14 and can't help but wonder if WTFH moved out of Sussex because of the shame of parking his car in a roundabout

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Watching Trucking Hell S7E14 and can't help but wonder if WTFH moved out of Sussex because of the shame of parking his car in a roundabout
            Sussex?

SUSSEX??????

I lived in Surrey!

Anyway, TFBSZ. Big day tomorrow as The WifeTM is going to get a new lens in her left eye.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If I'd gone shopping then I would have gone to the chip shop on the way back, but the rain didn't stop so tea was the next best thing: a Pukka steak & kidney pie with chips and gravy

This was accompanied by an old episode of Police Interceptors which I don't think I'd seen before; My5 have surfaced odd fragments of various earlier series according to no discernible pattern

And then I binged on four episodes of I Claudius which covered the decadence of Tiberius, the consequent reign of terror in Rome led by Sejanus, the head of his guard (aka Captain Picard), and the first part of the even worse reign of Caligula

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
                The Dog decided he needed to go out about 1.30am, so I opened the back door with trepidation, only to find that the sky was so clear, the moon and stars were brighter than I've seen in a while.
                Off to hospital later, where I expect The WifeTM will be: and then post op:

Has anyone had lens replacement done who can tell me what it's going to be like for the next couple of days?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, the Flying Ferrari. Maybe the driver had Red Bull, apparently it gives you wings.

My Dad had both lenses done but I can't find the ouija board to ask how it went, though it seemed successful enough from my observations.

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chillier in here at 15.4 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto, 9.5 deg in the salting house.

981 mBar, 28.969 in Hg, 735.8 Torr, 14.228 psi, (up from 977 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of July 2019 we were waiting with bated breath for Bunter to annex the Sudetenland, whereas NF was standing in for the landlord & fixing plumbing, the scab, and it was hot, aside from the water coming out of the tap which wasn't any more having been turned off, like.

Smalls & shirts in the WM all in a lump.

Smalls & shirts out of the WM & hanging on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Prebreakfast walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Felt a bit odd towards the end.

Picking with rain so the semidry shirts met the TD.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

In a change from The Finals Dream, last night's epic involved resitting A levels in Physics, Maths, & electronics. I was glad to wake up.

I think Ratty has stopped breathing. The presence of flies will confirm this.

Shirts are dry.

Lunch: scrambled egg. The rather thick Hovis wholemeal crust broke a tooth. . I suppose I'll have to see the dentist now, for the first time since March 2019.

Entertainment: thing about Greyhound buses.

The Mad Cow thing at 13:45.

Shirts met the TD to finish off.

Shirts duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Trip down to the dentists to make an appointment for next week: Thursday 11:50, same time as yesterday's jab.

Everything in off the line & finishing in the TD: remaining cottons that need the iRon duly iRoned, all now airing upstairs.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Entertainment: PM <click>

The Joy of Painting. Time's changed: too early to fall asleep to.

Wheeler Dealers S6 E19&20: BMW M3 E36 convertible. With a duff gearbox. And torn seats. And a free mouse's nest behind the rear seat. MOT ran out June 2013.

It's like the battle of the Somme out there this evening. Feck me some of those things are loud.

Ghosts. E5. Meh. Though the death of the Captain was explained.

Eyes of Laura Mars: I've never yet managed to watch all of this. Well I have now.

Swedish Customs thing. Hurrah! Dried frogs at last!
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2023, 23:21.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

After a rainy evening, it's very clear and sunny today; juts a few wisps of cloud here and there on the horizon. Not that warm but fair enough for the time of year at 9°C and aiming for 11°, while the barometers are rebounding at 968/976mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all

CBS, etc.
                      The Dog decided he needed to go out about 1.30am, so I opened the back door with trepidation, only to find that the sky was so clear, the moon and stars were brighter than I've seen in a while.
                      Off to hospital later, where I expect The WifeTM will be: and then post op:

Has anyone had lens replacement done who can tell me what it's going to be like for the next couple of days?
                      Next couple of days from a discussion elsewhere you need to keep your face facing downwards for about 2 weeks...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X