• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume Max is that nice doggy in your avatar?

Lone couple of days, just walks and boring housey doey uppy things but loony lady 1 back from US tomorrow. Quite like a bit of me time, Tuesday was too busy, arty farty thing in morning, loony lady 3 walk PM and Karaoke in evening.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Max's (official) 6th birthday today.
      Happy birthday Max!

Comment

Haircut has been had, this being the reason for the early start today

I was a bit later setting off than I'd intended, due to the invention of snooze functionality, so was just starting to catch the worst of the traffic on the way across town. Coming back, I was just in time for the tail end of it. But I was still the only customer when I arrived, so that part of the plan worked

Chatty hairdresser's husband still has cancer; he's having bone scans to see if it's metastasised in that direction

And she's in the throes of converting to Catholicism, which adds an odd twist to her already stream-of-consciousness chatter as she veers off from talking about a nature programme she'd seen about plankton to the question of whether or not she's supposed to believe in evolution any more

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet, raining in that fine way that soaks you. There was much rain overnight which woke me up in the wee hours. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 16 expected. The sun is scheduled to make an appearance around lunchtime / early afternoon. Barometer down to 993 mbar.

Another consultancy has approached me to work with them. This one I'm considering alongside the gig I've just signed up to as there was talk of it only being part-time but I'll see how it goes once I've gotten started.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Assume Max is that nice doggy in your avatar?
            Sadly, the dog in my avatar is Millie. We lost her in March.
            This is Max...
            https://live.staticflickr.com/video/...NGIiLCJ2IjoxfQ

...if you look at his chest at the very end of the video, you can see that there's very little hair, just his pink(ish) skin with dark spots on it. The hair has now mostly regrown.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ Isn't the denial of Darwin more of the far end of Protestantism?

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the intermittent drizzle with intermittent CBS & sunshine, with the odd rainbow thrown in for good measure. Tipping down now so I timed that right.

Grey.

Dark.

Gloomy.

Sunny.

Bright.

Drily damp.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

988 mBar, 29.176 in Hg, 741 Torr, 14.329 psi, (down from 990 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of July 2019 PhilTheGreek had Thai carrot soup (3/10 rating, are Thai carrots different from everyone else's?), there was much discussion of burning smells, whereas NF related the backup generator fire which really did smell of smoke.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced bread waffling about something or other.

The 4th ep of the Mad Cow thing at 13:45.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc. Major error since I'd got the chilli con carne out of the freezer ready. Brainrot. I blame the mad cows.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S6 E7&8: VW Beetle 1960. Bought for £1600, spent £3200 on it, then sold it for £6k+.

Apparently it's still on the road according to the reg but has been mucked about with.

Trucking Hell S7 E14: the Flying Ferrari or how to write off £350k.

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E8 Lotus Europa, H reg. Bought for £16k, spent £3k or so, sold for £22.5k. As purchased: a fecking death trap, the existing work done on that thing makes my bodging look like F1. It shouldn't have been on the road.

The book has just reached the Peter Wright stage of Stalin's Englishmen.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 October 2023, 22:33.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                ^^^ Isn't the denial of Darwin more of the far end of Protestantism?
                I told her I was pretty sure she wasn't required by the RC church to start believing that some of the more outlandish things in the Old Testament were factual accounts

I wonder if the Jesuits have a tips hotline? I could dob her in as a nascent heretic, so they can get her back on track by burning her at the stake before things get out of hand

Meanwhile, late breakfast or early lunch? Whichever it may have been, it was sausages and bacon in one of those nice crusty Vienna rolls

Comment

This afternoon's awfully big adventure has been a drive out to a village a few miles away, for a walk over a footpath I last trod at least twenty-five years ago

Very nice now the rain's gone, and there were even some brief glimmers of sunshine as I was making my way back to the village. The several stiles I expected to climb over along the way have been replaced with galvanised kissing gates since I was last there.

Comment

The problem with getting your hairdresser burned at the stake for being a heretic is then having to find a new hairdresser who cuts your hair the way you like it.

Talking of hairdressers, am just off to give a new place a try around the corner. Fingers crossed and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      The problem with getting your hairdresser burned at the stake for being a heretic is then having to find a new hairdresser who cuts your hair the way you like it.

Talking of hairdressers, am just off to give a new place a try around the corner. Fingers crossed and all that.
                      Well, quite. I kept quiet about being, nominally, a Catholic - the last thing an apostate like me needs is a convert asking me questions I forgot the answer to as soon as I'd done my First Holy Communion, while I'm unable to escape

Comment

Working...
                      X