• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with high wispy clouds.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto, 13.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of July 2019 it was variously grey and sunny in different places, whilst there was somewhat of a consensus on the concept of watering the respective graves of Thatcher & Grocer Heath with urine.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Stuff isn't drying much.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Yesterday's assumed ex tree rat wasn't there today so it either wasn't toast or someone rescued it.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: that quiz thing on R4.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned along with those of the cottons that are dry enough & need it.

Entertainment: final Infinite Monkey Cage of S13 "Climate Change".

Remaining cottons in off the line & iRoned where required.

Entertainment: NZ Highway & Motorway nonsense: the chap who ended up in a tree was very lucky.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: BBC News & Sky News raising my bloodpressure.

Weatherman Walking in Radnorshire & Sir Mon. So the aluminium smelter was base load for Wylfa powerstation & when that went so did the smelter.

JoP. .

The river diving thing on Blaze: no aliens, ancient or otherwise, were involved in this. .

No NASA's unknown files thing this week.

Classic Movies: The story of Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I'll be back. Hasta la vista baby.

Discovering Ryan Gosling. . I've watched paint drying with more innerest.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 October 2023, 21:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Darn it, there's a load of water spewing out of the pavement in two places just outside my neighbour's house. I've reported it to the water company, and finally managed to tell my 90 something deaf old neighbours about it by shouting down the phone.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Toasted teacake with lots of butter for breakfast

Comment

Afternoon all, local time 1638

Partly cloudy. Currently 31 degrees ('feels like' 38). That's the high for the day. 67% humidity.

Off to the airport soon to start our journey home.

Comment

Water leak getting worse, now coming up between my drive and pavement. The road surface is bulging further down, sink hole coming. They are supposed to be trying to replace the burst main today today, probably be a big ditch and I won't be able to use my drive.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Gathered a few tomatoes with Miss V3 we should have a few more before the frost starts.

Picked apples this morning with Miss V3, I have just finished making crumble with her & them.

Its pretty nice out there.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Water leak getting worse, now coming up between my drive and pavement. The road surface is bulging further down, sink hole coming. They are supposed to be trying to replace the burst main today today, probably be a big ditch and I won't be able to use my drive.
                The local plod posted on Twitter earlier that a road on the edge of the city, a mile or two from me, is closed due to flooding. I was confused for a moment as there's been no rain to speak of, then remembered your post and realised it's probably a burst water main

Lunch has been Scotch broth and a crust of wholemeal. Turned out nice again, that batch, and plenty of it now the whole shoulders of lamb are back - seven more portions in the freezer to see me through the cold weather, should it ever arrive

Comment

Couldn't be bothered to walk over to the bins with a bag of general waste so I've put it out on the landing, whence it will be taken away in the morning by the staff. Real Downton Abbey stuff, but I'm paying for the service through the management fee so I may as well make use of it

Comment

Water company has fixed the leak, not as c*p as recent news makes them out to be. Huge hole outside next door not my house, but they don't drive anyway.

Went to son's house for a pizza lunch, neither of us fancied the pub menu.
                    bloggoth

Comment

So this afternoon I sat on a bus with heating on when it was 25 Celsius, now I'm sitting on a train with air conditioning on.

And Duff beer was duff in taste. Luckily I only got one.

​​​​​​
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X