• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was How to Blow Up a Pipeline (2022) in which a group of environmental activists sets out, each of them having personal justification for such extreme action, to blow up a pipeline. The film lives up to its title rather well, having a fair amount of detail about constructing the required bombs, positioning them correctly, and minimising any consequential leakage of the stuff in the pipeline; how accurate this advice is, I'm not qualified to judge, though it all seemed pretty sound and the story is good

This was followed by a rewatch of 13 Hours (2016), based on the business in Benghazi in 2012 which resulted in the death of the US ambassador and some of the unfortunate people given the job of protecting him, who couldn't protect him from his own stupidity in treating a lawless civil war zone as a kind of resort that he could travel around at will

And then another rewatch of Yesterday (2019) because I enjoy its combination of a rather soppy love story with lots of Beatles songs

Goodnight all

Comment

Local time 1336

Currently 31 degrees ('feels like' 39). Clouded over a bit. Humidity down to 65%.

Cooling off with a G&T back in the hotel while contemplating what to do with the rest of our day.

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.6 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of July 2019 NF watched the partial lunar eclipse but it disappeared behind a cloud before it finished, while WTFH found that it was hiding behind a tree on a hill, whereas opm found that it was sunny & warm in Manchester, eclipse or no eclipse.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom during which a tree rat committed .

Lunch: baked potato etc.

Entertainment: Money Box, The News Quiz. <click> It's got the Mugabe apologist on it.

Freecell score: 85%, running average: 86%.

Dan Do: 3 expensive houses.

The ancient aliens nutjobs provided some entertainment.

Maigret S2 E13 (1962) "Murder on Monday". It's the one about the chap pretending to go to work 3 years after the firm went bust. And this years before the salarymen in Japan started doing it.

"Play Dirty" with that Michael Caine, that Harry Andrews, that Nigel Green, and that Nigel Davenport in Spain pretending to be north Africa. Dead giveaway since we'd all seen Clinton Eastwood wandering around that village some years previously. Rather good in its way.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2023, 22:40.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Thin, patchy cloud out but it's a rather mild day, being 22°C and maybe getting to 23° in a bit. The barometers are up a little at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Thanks to performance errors when you try to post.
            Performance and general not normally in the same sentence.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

24 Celsius

Blue skies and sunny

Tomorrow will be hotter.

Got some beers from the supermarket I've never seen before including one called "Duff"
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Got some beers from the supermarket I've never seen before including one called "Duff"
                Have you falling into The Simpsons alternative universe?

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a Turkish mixed grill delivered from the place across town

Gets dark early now, doesn't it? And we haven't even put the clocks back yet

Comment

Lots of African wildlife on the box again this afternoon

And lots of police things that have been repeated ten thousand times in the evening

So I decided to have a read instead, continuing to work my way through the short stories of H.G. Wells

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy but fairly mild again, being 14°C at the moment with 22° likely later, while the barometers continue their upward journey at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Working...
                      X