• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of July 2019 there was discussion of my lack of innerest in dystopian nightmares which NF attributed to my retirement & the lack of stimulation that used to be generated by the Sloughe of Desponde & esteemed customers. I posited the idea of attending graduation but, as always, couldn't be arsed.

Pissing down.

Lunch: there was some sort of lunch of Stuff.

Entertainment: nothing.

Shopping trip to Morrisons for the comestibles that had run out done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away since the rain slackened off for a while so I didn't get too wet.

Entertainment: NZ Highway Cops & Motorway Patrol. Impressive breath alcohol reading of 1127 from one 20 year old driver, the limit being rather less than the 400 allowed for the over21s. He could just about walk. Rather than being banged up inthe cells he was taken back to the house of the girl friend he'd just broken up with to sober up. They were impressed when he was stopped 1400km away on the north island a day or so later.

Tea: there was tea. Fragility meant there was rather little of it.

Entertainment: JoP. Jop. particularly effective.

DMAX: NASA's unexplained files. More bollox about this that & the other.

"Why the British win every war" on Blaze: turned off after 35 seconds.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 September 2023, 20:15.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy, a bit of a breeze. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Rain forecast from mid afternoon and thunderstorms from early evening. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Off to the Sussex coast where the forecast is much the same so it looks like my drive home will be in delightful weather.

Woken before 8am by next door's brat screaming, which set off their dog.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with a bit of high haze that's leading the weather app to say it's "mostly cloudy". Should be OK for the people in the park if it stays like this, though. Currently 18°C with 21° due by around lunchtime, and the barometers have edged down a little more at 1001/1009mB. And what's this? Why, it's a 30-40% chance of rain between late afternoon and mid-evening, so maybe Kylie will be singing through continuous light drizzle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Just think: Kylie will be less than four hundred yards away from me tomorrow evening
          best not tell her or she might can the gig

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a crust of wholemeal

Cloudier out now, but no rain yet. The park seems quieter today, though I've had the windows shut in the living room. But it was louder on the bedroom side yesterday, and I haven't noticed it over there

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

best not tell her or she might can the gig
              Might be doing her a favour - there's a warning of thunderstorms, so standing out there waving a microphone around could easily get her struck by lightning

Comment

So it’s currently 25 degrees as the sunsets in Berlin after pottering round doing museums for 2 days with the zoo and another museum tomorrow before a 7pm flight home.

When do I tell Mrs Eek that being on holiday by myself is actually easier as I can do what I want and don’t need to worry about food or drink every 2 hours
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sausages and bacon in a white toast butty for tea

And i have a strawberry compote cream cake which I think I'll have in a bit

Poked my head out of the bedroom window and heard some musical sounds which I assume emanated from Kylie

Comment

Apparently there are multiple points failures leading to the closure of the Midland mainline both north and south of here

There's going to be an awful lot of tired, wet music lovers at the station in an hour or so…

Comment

So until now every hotel indigo I’ve stayed at has at the very least an ok restaurant and bar. This one annoyingly has neither - nor that I wanted good but a drink would have been nice
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X