• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture was Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) which isn't a premiere, but I felt in the mood for something of that ilk, and this one is an excellent four hours of that ilk, and thus my desires were sated

And then I rewatched Panic Room (2002) which is an excellent thriller IMO and well worth a watch

Still far too hot, but the current prognostication for hereabouts is that things will get more like September early in the week, then carry on that way but with a bit of slightly warmer stuff for next weekend. That's when the thing in the park is happening, so I'm willing to tolerate that if it means they all have a nice couple of days out

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy again. Currently 27 degrees ('feels like' 29) with a high of 29 expected. Chance of a shower early afternoon and maybe a thunderstorm around 4pm. Barometer still hovering around 1018 mBar but closer to 1017 mBar.

Bed has been stripped and the linen in the process of being laundered, including the mattress cover. I should imagine it'll dry in no time on the line if it doesn't get caught in the rain.

Comment

The GREAT! Christmas channel has been on Freesat for 3 days now. Christmas comes earlier every year.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite cloudy out, and the weather app claims there's light rain, but I can't see it - maybe it's evaporating before it reaches the ground?

Still too hot at 28°C though that's supposedly our peak for the day. The barometers are down ever so slightly at 1003/1010mB. Still a chance of thunderstorms, apparently

Comment

All bed linen washed and out on the line. Some if it has already dried. For a brief moment I got all excited by a bit of a breeze but it didn't stay around for long.

The thunderstorm has been pushed back an hour. The chance of it occurring has increased to 60% but the forecast amount of rainfall has halved to 0.5 mm.

Comment

Caught up on Series 31 of 24 Hours in A&E.

It's come over a bit dark but I'm gambling on the rain being minimal so I don't have to bring in the duvet and mattress covers while I finish eating my mini Calippo. The rest has dried nicely.

Comment

Re general posting issues... I've texted Admin.

Water temperature

Birs 21.4 °C
                Rhein 22.5 °C

Locally

Temperature 30 °C
                Sunshine 10 of 10 min
                Precipitation 0 mm/h
                Wind speed 4 km/h
                Wind direction NNW
                Wind gusts 7 km/h
                Relative humidity 39%
                Pressure 980 hPa

Watching: The Chosen, Only Murders in the Building, Malcolm in the Middle. Last night was A Man Called Otto. Lovely it was.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Re general posting issues... I've texted Admin.
                  Admin isn't admin any more. He decided to go off and be a farmer, like that bloke in Soul of a New Machine who leaves the minicomputer project saying something like "I will never again think in terms of any period of time shorter than a season"

The new people in charge of servers and so on have migrated stuff, and I strongly suspect they've tried to upgrade MySQL and we're now seeing why you can't just upgrade MySQL whenever you feel like it with this forum software

I'm in touch with the site owner, but I no longer have access to the DB and server or any info about what's going on, so until they let me back in (which I'm hoping the owner will tell them to do), I can't do anything to fix it

Comment

Maybe the code is now based on AI and it's deciding to reject any post that is tulip, ie most of them.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Admin isn't admin any more.l
                      I did know that, but thought I might guilt him into taking action... :-D

Who's up for taking the forum elsewhere with no one allowed to create new threads, and only this one? We could sack the mods then!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X