• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Anyone know how easy it is to get planning permission in Devon?
    Architect is about to submit the plans for our garage, we've reduced the footprint to about 56m2 , she thinks it will go through OK
    The answer is: 5 weeks.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea: fish & chips

I finally got around to visiting the place up the road that used to belong to the Italian chap who retired a few years ago. It reopened under what must be the fifth or sixth round of new management (having had two separate refurbs to boot) some time ago, possibly even before the start of the pandemic, and I'd never got around to going there since. But it's handier than the really good place, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Verdict: pretty good actually. The chips were fine (and freshly made), while the fish was a bit on the average side. I think for fish I might carry on making the trek to the other place, but this one could be OK for pie and chips and that kind of thing. And they do peri-peri chicken, I believe, which would probably be better than anything sold by that description in a chain restaurant; if there's one thing Leicester's not short of, it's authentic recipes along those lines

In fact, the first time I ever had peri-peri chicken was from the excellent Halal chip shop opposite the old Imperial Typewriter Factory, many years ago

Comment

Loony ladies 2 and 1 today! Loony ladied out!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Uneventful journey home, marred by the onset of a nasty headache that is only just starting to ease up. Fortunately it was bearable for the drive home or that would have been awkward.

Comment

Telly started with more of the non-Traffic Cops show, which is actually called something like Motorway Cops although it's not the same as the one of that name the BBC used to do, and at least half of the stuff in it seems to happen on A roads, B roads, and urban roads

And then the latest episode of Ambulance. This started with a trigger warning for discussions of suicide, but quite honestly I would have preferred a warning about the lady who'd skinned her shin to the bone with a dropped patio tile near the end. I'm not particularly squeamish, but that was… *shudders*

It rained about ten, which was not on the official schedule. Might rain a bit more overnight too, but at the moment, it's starting to turn foggy out - well, as foggy as it gets here in the city, which is seldom that much

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Beautiful sunrise over the mist in the valleys earlier. Shame I have to work.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Not quite as dark as recent mornings.

Warmer at 16.8 deg in here.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

1020 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765 Torr, 68% RH.

Thursday.

The progress of the recycling engineers along the road was marked by crashing of empty glassware into the receptacle whilst they were doing the needful doings.

Odd dreams overnight but fortunately it's mostly dissipated.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the remarkably mild morning, and it didn't even try to rain on me.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing starring Tomascz from Prague who is a stranger to the soap.

Apparently one could have planted potatoes in the dirt on his feet.

No luggage, no change of clothes, and $500US for 10 days.

Back on the plane after a hose down since the airlines wouldn't take him without it.

Couldn't be arsed to go to B&Q again this afternoon. I made a list of stuff I wanted and that was as far as it got.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (84.22%).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the rather neglected fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Bette Davis.

Quantum Leap.

Joy of Painting: right at the end.

Discovering Glen Close.

Dalgliesh: E3, probly as as last week's offering, definitely not Roy Marsden.

Doomsday caught on camera.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 November 2021, 20:44.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and bits of fluff when I got up. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 later. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1024 mBar.

Still a bit fuzzy headed from last night but on the mend. Busy morning trying to tell the comms person the difference between a distribution list and a shared mailbox and how a - in an email address makes all the difference between the message being deliverable or not.

Normal service resumes. Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Van Gogh's 'Irises' sells for US$53.9 million at auction in New York 1967

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, though what fog there may have been seems to have dispersed. Looks like there's been some further in overnight too. Currently 12°C soaring to 13° later, and the barometers are much the same at 1015/1022mB

I had a pretty good night's sleep, all in all. Some weird dreams I think, but nothing unsettling, and what memory I had of them has dispersed with the fog

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Still a bit fuzzy headed from last night but on the mend. Busy morning trying to tell the comms person the difference between a distribution list and a shared mailbox and how a - in an email address makes all the difference between the message being deliverable or not.
                      Oh that's easy

Distribution list - ends up in people's not important / spam folders
                      Shared Mailbox - ignore as someone else will deal with it.

The very first point I make when I'm discussing a new process is to be explicit that someone does need to own every request - because otherwise everyone will think it's someone else's issue.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X