• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

I am now well into Second Sleep territory: awoke unbidden at 05:55 05:05, read more of the book & eventually returned to slumber. Thankfully there was no forbidden cabinet with a 700 year old iPhone in the bedroom.

Grey.

Darkish.

Not drizzly which is a plus.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 11.7 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto.

1033.5 mBar, 30.519 in Hg, 775.188 Torr, 14.989 psi, (down from 1034 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 64% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of April 2019 NF was being rained on, various bugs were located in various systems, Countdown was proceeding, and I went to Newport to buy the idle **** next door a Spear & Jackson petrol self propelled lawnmower, as always he has ideas that are never ever implemented even when the fecking thing pushes itself. It doesn't do as good a cut as my Bosch electric mower.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked with the additional diversion of rolling a shopping trolley all the way from the first pond down to M&S.

It was going so well until the fecking thing fell over & found a dog turd to roll in. .

Lunch: beans on toast, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW. Mostly about Scotland it would seem and the wee Krankie.

Is this thing on?

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lovely & Simpsonsesque out there today, particularly at noon: just the right shade of blue towards the north eastern horizon with fluffy white clouds.

Tea: sausage and bacon with carrots & onions, for some reason the (well beyond the BBE) cornflower seemed reluctant to indulge in much in the way of thickening, but it tasted ok in the end, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some programme about that cage fighter chap who's banged up in Romania at the moment. Sounds like a delightful chap. Followed by some thing about Steve Baker whoever he is, then POTW.

Secrets of Great British Castles: Cardiff Castle, Arundel Castle, Leeds Castle (which isn't in Leeds of course). Curiously enough, made with the assistance of the Irish Film Board (or whatever). WTF?

Vera S12 E3 "Blue".

Dispatches: Strippers, spies and Russian money. The corruption of the Tory party & their useful idiots.

The Repaire Shoppe: Cash register, doll's house. Cancelled due to lack of innerest..

Stone me. The equivalent rate for what I did back in the day is £55/hr*. Who'd have thunk?

*£60/hr taking into account inflation over the last year. .

That sort of rate makes me feel almost competent (or they were desperate which is more likely).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 February 2023, 23:16.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Is this thing on? *tap tap*

Interesting that the New Zealand police only seem to work on Sunday. Must be a very low crime rate over there

Comment

Evening all

It's been a dull and drizzly day. Currently 8 degrees and the barometer, despite being tapped, is still on 1035 mBar.

Went to Sussex to visit my Mum and showed her the report from the Irish genealogist about my grandfather (her Dad). My brother turned up with various bits of paper as requested so I can send off our applications for registering our foreign births. He took away the report to read because he didn't have his specs on him.

The drive home was uneventful. Now sat with a G&T having taken and submitted my gas and electricity meter readings for the month.

Comment

Tea has been a nice big fry-up, accompanied by Time Team digging up Greenwich Park in search of Romans

And the mundane laundry is on

Comment

16 mice, 6 shrews. Would have been 17 mice, but when I changed the trap earlier, the door closed as I set it down and a few minutes later the camera was triggered by a mouse. The trap has now been reset properly.

Anyway, TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After Time Team it was all medicine, all the way: new episodes of Ambulance, Surgeons, and 24 Hours in A&E (and an old episode as well, just for luck)

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Goodnight all
                Night Nick!

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

Dry and sunny. Some high level wispiness. Weather app says 'haze'. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Set to stay clear all day. Barometer down to 1033 mBar.

Rubbish sleep. Tired this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey-but-mild one: 4° at the moment, 9° expected, and the barometers are still lurking around the higher reaches of their range, albeit slightly down at 1022/1030mB

Comment

Working...
                      X