• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a roast beef dinner, and was extremely nice

Comment

The car earlier was some kind of pickup truck with an inappropriate engine. Rather silly TBH

And the gold diggers faced the same kinds of problems as they did last season

Whilst dining, some more of the motorway police show that keeps not being on the motorway and turning into a dashcam clip show

And finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Air China Flight 129 which performed a controlled flight into terrain while attempting to land at Busan due to the crew apparently getting confused over who was supposed to be flying the thing. Should have taken the train

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Lots of scarring around in the roof overnight. It might be edible dormice.
        Woke up to slightly overcast skies, but it now looks lie it's about to start tipping it down as the wind picks up.

And my Exit Strategy is being formulated.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Following my getting a soaking during the sudden full on murrain of beasts as I put the recycling out last night, it's currently Not Precipitating.

Damp.

Dark.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (up from 995 last night), 77% RH.

Thursday.

I thought I'd put the recycling out on the wrong day, but apparently it is Thursday.

Whilst back on the 6th of March 2019 there was much discussion of STOS, STNG, and STDS9, with BAB5 thrown in for good measure & a passing reference to BTVS and Hill Street Blues "Bobby Hill".

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional drizzle.

Happily the deluge with added murrain of beasts began as I returned home.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.75 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced Bread: collagen pills & potions. Of zero innerest to me.

TWAO: apprentice scheme: the usual govermint cockup. There hasn't been a real apprenticeship for nigh on 30 years.

The thing at 13:45 comparing boomers with the youth: construction.

Rain stopped.

Sun came out.

Freecell score: 90%.

More spring cleaning: today it's the vastly expensive & mostly unused HiFi setup.

It would qualify as a setup if any of it was connected together.

It's been there nearly 4 years & there's only one or two pieces actually functional.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.83 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: whatever is on at 16:45. PM waffling on with loads of Tory bastards spouting their nonsense. And now, something about the Orange Moron.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E8 1991 Lotus Elan M100. Bought $8k, Total: $9k38, Sold: $14k. Did Lotus really make & fit exhausts like that?

The Secret Genius of Modern Life E3: Virtual Assistant. Oooo look, a computer with valves & VCR97 CRTs as Williams tube memory.

Trucking Hell S6 E8. Nice thing they did for that little boy.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E7 1974 4.2L Jaguar XJ6 that hasn't moved since 1990. I'd forgotten that there were 2.8L and 3.4L versions, notably not the 3.6 which was 15 years later & a completely non XK engine IIRC. Bought: £5k. Total £7k3. Sold: £8k. MOT ran out last June.

Feck me that rear suspension sorts the men out from the boys, and inboard discs are never an easy thing to work on even when you've got a two post lift and £30k of tools

Ghosts US S1 E5 will have to wait until tomorrow.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2022, 23:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It looked as if the sun might break through half-an-hour ago, but it's clouded over a lot more now. Currently 7°C and aiming for 10°, expected to get a bit breezy soon and possibly rainy this afternoon, and the barometers are back up a little at 993/1001mB

Comment

Yesterday I was asked if I could work on a document for phase 2 of a project that is going to happen next year. I am currently finishing off phase 1.
              "But if you don't have the time, or don't think you'll get it done before you go, then don't worry about it, I know it's a big ask, and is probably a lot of work"

Me: "You mean the document I wrote for the original project before it got split in to 2 phases? Would you like me to re-open it, change the date to today, delete out what we're about to deliver, and resubmit it"

"Yes, but change the date to 30th, so it appears you worked hard until the end in an effort to get it done"
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright with the sun poking through in parts. There was some signs of damp this morning following overnight rain. More rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up to 1006 mBar.

Herding cats this morning - trying to convince a report developer that we need to push his work to QA and Staging so we can test other functionality and them being reticent because the data isn't right. I'm being dragged unwillingly into project manager drudgery and I don't like it.

Comment

Lunch has been some leftover crispy duck I'd almost forgotten about

And a text informs me that the bureaucratic processes necessary to get me back in to ClientGov have been initiated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Lunch has been some leftover crispy duck I'd almost forgotten about

And a text informs me that the bureaucratic processes necessary to get me back in to ClientGov have been initiated
                    Please provide justification for you not working in November 2022. Sorry but internal supplier realignment isn't a valid reason.

Also as you were off for 3 weeks we need a personal reference to confirm you weren't in jail during that time.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Cloudy but bright with the sun poking through in parts. There was some signs of damp this morning following overnight rain. More rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up to 1006 mBar.

Herding cats this morning - trying to convince a report developer that we need to push his work to QA and Staging so we can test other functionality and them being reticent because the data isn't right. I'm being dragged unwillingly into project manager drudgery and I don't like it.
                      I'm doing that this week because our PM is off.

It's great fun looking at things and asking why on earth did you do it that way - this bug was always going to happen, didn't you get someone to sanity check it first.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X