• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ OM.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Wet. Not otter's pocket wet but wet enough to piss me off. Raining.

Chilly in here at 15.7 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (down from 1000 last night), 76% RH.

Thursday.

Meanwhile in the dear dead days of 18th Feb 2019, Xogg was discussing karaoke, NF had been asked if his neighbour could borrow a cup of internet, and I was awaiting news on the VR application.

Shopping trip to Lidl(tm) to get an el cheapo electric blanket and a mac.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. The rain shower started as I walked in through the back door.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y about Zebedee. Sliced Bread about natural deodorants.

TWAO: more endless joy.

The thing about Septic democracy, such as it is, corrupt for centuries, now electronically counted to make the corruption invisible.

Freecell score in the afternoon deluge: 89%, running average 85%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E11 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio with hardtop: bought: $7k, total: $8k4, sold: $10k.

Due to the ongoing inclement torrential deluge the sat signal kept dropping out so Freeview was pressed into service for some of it. The aspect ratio looks quite odd on the Freeview SD version compared with the HD & SD Freesat version.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E4: Dormobile Bedford CA Camper Van. Elvis is in the building.

Remind me not to put a Ford Pinto engine into a CA Camper Van. It looks difficult.

Ben Fogle's Lost Worlds: Cyprus: the Green Zone. Including the bit that was visited by Abandoned Engineering the other week.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^^ OM.
      Why thank you!

Might be an OM to you, but it's 360225 to me.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile in the dear dead days of 18th Feb 2019, Xogg was discussing karaoke, NF had been asked if his neighbour could borrow a cup of internet, and I was awaiting news on the VR application.
        Just checked, and his LG TV and some other device are still connected to my guest network. He'll get a shock when I move

Comment

Morning all

It was dull and raining when I got up but it's brightened up considerably. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 11 expected. A shower is forecast for mid-afternoon. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

UPS decided to deliver during this morning's stand up and now I have to wait until 4pm to walk around the corner to collect my parcel. It's quite a heavy one so I'm glad I don't have far to go.

Comment

The weather didn't seem too bad so I headed off to the sorting office and collected my parcel. And then onwards to Sainsbury's, as it's kind of on the way back if you take a different route.

So the comparatively few items of shopping I wanted have been got, and I also got myself a tin of Quality Street for Christmas, just in case nobody else gets me one

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of leftover M&S Southern not-fried chicken drumsticks

The recycling bin didn't contain enough to justify a trundle when I checked earlier. But once I cart mine down there, including some Amazon boxes and so on, I think there'll be enough for it to go out

Comment

The sun has come out and is at an angle that makes seeing my screen a bit difficult. However, I don't want to close the blind so I'll squint until I start to get a headache

Comment

Lunch was chicken curry, very nice.

Finished watching the last episode of "The Devils Hour" a decent time travel thriller. Peter Capaldi was very good.

Watched the last Dr Who earlier in the week. Not terrible.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Popped round the corner to pick up my parcel. It was lighter than expected so was actually no bother to carry home.

It's a bit nippy out.

Comment

Not the most productive day for me, spent a lot of time approving new posters on the Felicitas thread and trying to work out if Andrew Thompson is Adrian Secco's brother in law.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X