• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having had my office in situ for over four years and working in it full time for the past year, I finally got around to getting one of those carpet protector things.

It's just arrived, amusingly rolled and tied despite the sticker on it saying "do not bend or roll, ship flat!". Cutting the tie was actually quite dangerous.

It's now in place and I'm now mildly vexed by my chair rolling around on it and not staying in place

Comment

Lunch was a scone with orange jam.

Saw the new plans. Not much changed - a few improvements from my perspective, but the new building is still too close and too high as far as I'm concerned, although within legal limits. Had an ocular migraine (visual distortion but no real headache) while there. Not the best time when I'm trying to read architect plans. Wore off just as we left the offices.

We're really not going to contest further.

Roast chicken, cucumber and baguettes duly sourced.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

P-p-p-picked up and g-g-g-guzzled down an orange-flavoured Penguin

Comment

^^^ Meat is Murder!
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite a pleasant evening for it - sunny, but no more than 10°C so no chance of overheating, and the occasional bit of breeze was more refreshingly chilled than anything

Comment

Links are finally up, now I've remembered what day it is

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with chips, fried onions and beans; absolutely delicious

I think I came within a whisker of setting off the smoke alarm, but it was worth taking the chance for the beautifully seared crust I managed to impart to the steak

Comment

Left over Korean for dinner.

Bins to be trundled once I've sufficiently tired of Trucking Hell.

Comment

Breakfast was Mekong kedgeree with brown rice, Smoked Basa, eggs and chilli. a triumph if I may say so. Washed down with oj.

Luncheon was Chicken , tomato and rice soup.

Dinner was Polish smoked sausage & vegetable stew.

snacks - apple, pear and raspberries.

If I didn't get my five a day I am going to be miffed!

Currently fighting some VBA, Mrs V's duff barracuda disk and my CV. Saw a cracking job I want to apply for.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

More Trucking Hell watched, because that's what the TV is for now

Better get an early night though, as ClientGov will be making demands on my time again in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X