• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    sdsd

Om.

Back in 7th Feb 2019 NF was thinking of baking another cake.

Ah, dear dead days beyond recall when we could think of turning on the oven for a whole hour or so.
    I’ve just baked a focaccia. Mr C had the vapours when he found out.

I’m hoping the taste of homemade bread with the homemade soup I made yesterday will be enough to assuage his anxiety.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bunch of stuff from the solicitor in the post, all requiring my signature, most requiring a witness as well. Tulip's getting real

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        sdsd

Om.

Back in 7th Feb 2019 NF was thinking of baking another cake.

Ah, dear dead days beyond recall when we could think of turning on the oven for a whole hour or so.
        I haven't made a cake in a while

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap

Accompanied by the New Zealand wildlife rescue people doing a cataract operation on a 300kg sea lion

Speaking of which (New Zealanders, not sea lions) there's going to be an Antipodean Zoom call tomorrow. I wish they'd give me a few days' notice of these, rather than springing them on me the day before

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 221520Z AUTO 14006KT 9999 BKN033 BKN049 16/14 Q1008

Having quite a good weekend so far - Last night I won the "Shirt of his back" raffle at Ice Hockey and cos it was one of the smaller players it actually fits rather than being tent-like. Odds on winning are prolly about 1/2000ish so I'm quite chuffed. Also had a nice, not too hilly, walk along the coast for about 6miles and managed to avoid the rain. Out for dinner tonight and so a couple of glasses of aged grape juice may feature.

Edit: Lunch was, as is often the case at weekends a big omelette with whatever* didn't go into my lunchtime wraps thru the week.

* Ham & Cheese. It's always Ham and Cheese.
            Last edited by Pondlife; 22 October 2022, 15:42.

Comment

Bit of a cockupy day today. Had a visit with loony lady 1 planned, looked online to get postcode and saw the overflow car park was closed and parking was full. Went to somewhere a bit nearer and found it was packed out with kids for some Halloween thing. Which is worse, kids or monsters? I'd choose the former.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  Very nice too

I went to the usual one rather than the other, now cheaper, one because I wanted beef chow mein and the other one uses those very thin noodles, which I'm not keen on

Comment

A day of gardening complete, up to date on Wisting (binged the first series again as a reminder) and now TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Apart from sea lions and orangutans this afternoon, and some of that bodycam thing whilst dining, I haven't bothered with the telly much today

Early night now because of Zoom in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X