• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Back to a grey start, currently a mere 14°C and no more than 23° predicted. And the barometers are back down a little bit, at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Went for walk with loony lady 2 yesterday. Now there's a stain in the middle of my passenger seat. Don't give lifts to old ladies!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
        A bit overcast out, but otherwise pleasant on our pre-work-amble
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          A bit overcast out, but otherwise pleasant on our pre-work-amble
          Ommm.

Mod zentury
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sold at £376,000

Only one grand more than the guide price - I thought it might have failed to meet its reserve, like one earlier, but no
            You should have bought it and then evicted all the noisy tenants.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with high level wispy stuff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 22 forecast. No rain expected. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Feeling worse today. Woke at 4am and 5.30am for coughing fits. Still testing negative for covid. I suspect this is just a cold and, not having had one for a couple of years due to all that isolating, I'm out of practise for coping.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You should have bought it and then evicted all the noisy tenants.
                I would have done, but it seems there was some irregularity in my lottery ticket. Wrong numbers or something, I dunno. Bloody jobsworths

Comment

I would have done, but it seems there was some irregularity in my lottery ticket. Wrong numbers or something, I dunno. Bloody jobsworths
                  I've complained about that so many times. The customer service is terrible.

Comment

Well that's annoying. The website for reporting covid test results doesn't accept the format of the test strip code.

My test strip has a code in the format AAAAnnnnnnnn but the site will only accept AAAnnnnnnnnn.

Comment

The car this evening was a Morris Traveller, the half-timbered Tudor car, which ended up looking very nice. Checking online revealed that it's taxed until August next year, and is too old to need an MOT d
                      No sign of greased trunnions.

The wood company is in Llandeilo.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 20.1 deg.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.54 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 67% RH.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 67% RH.

Thursday.

Which posting took me back to 15th November 2018 wherein WTFH had a bumpy flight. No mention of tornadoes or spag bol though

Gosh. Just discovered that Welsh Water have been trying to advise me of "discoloured water" for several days via one of those test to speech numbers. Finally answered it & acknowledged it so at least that spam call will end.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, somewhat chilly with it.

Park is busy. Must be the skool holidays again.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last 45 minutes of "Starman (1984)" with Rooster Cogburn MKII and Karen Allen.

Some tedious "gardening" (i.e. a chopping of the brambles and ivy and assorted other tulipe) done, the bonfire pile gets ever higher.

For some reason this was accompanied by two dogs of unknown origin who just wouldn't feck off & leave me alone.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens:

Ancient Aliens: Nan Madol: some pacific atoll with millions of tons of basalt rock arranged in curious ways.

Tea: penultimate portion of chilli con carne (which has matured very nicely, Roy), with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E21 "We're screwed Part III: La Bomba": Or "Things we can do with a mini nuke when up a creek without a paddle".

Wheeler Dealers S10 E6 TVR Cerbera: another pile of tulipe I'd never buy, a rusty pile of tulipe at that.

Originally posted by OldOutYerAnd
                      This TVR is turning into a money pit
                      No tulip sherlock. .

Alias S2 E22 "The Telling": one of those mommy dearest moments for Sydney & her mom. .

More UFO bollox on Blaze: the less bolloxy than the Ancient Aliens bollox version.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 July 2022, 08:29.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X