• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The airflow strategy is having some effect: down to 25.8°C in the living room, and 25.3° in the bedroom, against 22° out there

Lunch has been another bowl of ham, pea and lentil soup, with another crust of multiseed, as I couldn't fit it all in the freezer easily once it was divided into single portions

Comment

Ahh a cool day today.

The high is 28 and is is 27.

Lunch was a steak bake.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about.
        It's all here...

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I was sticking with Globle ( https://globle-game.com ) but have had a play at Nerdle and that might go on the list too.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Wow, in today's games, the mystery country in Globle was my go-to first country. The answer to Nerdle was my second guess (the first guess only having 2 right numbers wrong place and 2 right signs wrong place)
          I'm listed as a contributor to Globle on the GitHub repo, though only for having fixed a typo on the help page

Comment

In other news, my left slipper has fallen to pieces over the last couple of days, with half the sole now flapping loose. I've got a new pair I received a few Christmases ago, but can't remember where I put them. So I found another old and very grubby pair, and have just put them through the washing machine inside an old pillowcase. They'll take a while to dry even in this weather, but at least I'll be able to walk around the flat without making flapping noises once they have

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In other news, my left slipper has fallen to pieces over the last couple of days, with half the sole now flapping loose. I've got a new pair I received a few Christmases ago, but can't remember where I put them. So I found another old and very grubby pair, and have just put them through the washing machine inside an old pillowcase. They'll take a while to dry even in this weather, but at least I'll be able to walk around the flat without making flapping noises once they have
              I just wear a pair of crocs round the house.

Mrs Eek hated them and then bought a pair for herself.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Don't wear em at mo, too hot, but son brought me some slippers like these:

https://www.shoeclub.co.uk/new-mens-...idea-3458.html

Should be ideal for Fozzy Knickers given his avatar.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Don't wear em at mo, too hot, but son brought me some slippers like these:

https://www.shoeclub.co.uk/new-mens-...idea-3458.html

Should be ideal for Fozzy Knickers given his avatar.
                  I've actually got a pair of gorilla head slippers quite similar to those, but their soles began to wear out so they've retired now

Comment

Real men stick their feet into Rudolf.

https://www.amazon.com/Slippers-Chri...7747163&sr=8-2
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Really nice tea: a roast pork dinner

Down to 24.8°C in here now, and the breeze has picked up slightly - though it's coming in through the kitchen window, so it's dissipated quite a lot by the time it gets here

I've left the damp slippers on the kitchen window ledge and they're drying more quickly than expected in the breeze, so I may even be able to wear them tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X