• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Oh, and I almost lost the tip of my middle finger on my left hand in an incident with an electric planer. Finger OK but new gloves now have a big whole in one of them.
    A what, now?

Comment

Cream Crackered.

Finished work about 8pm, having started at 8.30am.

Then finished off my Open Uni essay and submitted the assignment.

Now it's bed time and I certainly hope I sleep well.

Comment

Telly started with the usual early evening gubbins (a 1988 Ford Mustang).

Then, whilst I dined luxuriously on sausages, a 24 Hours in A&E clip show. And finally, The Repair Shop

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A what, now?
          It's a whole big hole.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
            overcast out. It was raining when I woke up but by the time we went out for a walk, it had stopped.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, this time with drizzle - well, in theory; not sure it's arrived yet. Comparatively mild though at 9°C with 17° expected later, and the barometers are noticeably down at 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy out but I could see a bit of sky here and there if I squinted. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 later. Barometer down to 1005 mBar. Weather app says 90% chance of rain but only up to a 20% chance in any given hour.

Trying to decide whether to book a holiday for the first two weeks of May, after I finish this gig. I need a break, that's for sure.

Comment

Morning.

Wet.

Grey.

Chilly at 13.8 deg in here.

Sunless.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750 Torr, 14.5 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 67% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

It didn't rain on me.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y whining on about travel problems.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco battered cod (which I'm finding more inneresting than the breaded haddock at the moment), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dustin Hoffman.

Farscape s1 E7 "P K Tech girl".

FBI S1 S8 "This land is your land". Ruby Ridge type nutjobbery.

DNA Journey with Rula Lenska (it's a loooong time since Rock Follies) and Maureen Lipman (it's a looooong time since Agony).

Hammering down now with the usual rivers of water flowing down the road. Glad I cleared the assorted grids this morning.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2022, 21:25.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just in case I do go away, I have applied for a postal vote for the local elections coming up.

Comment

Grumble. Too many things to do today, art group, then lunch at loony lady 1, usual walk, shopping, covid booster jab, karaoke. Think I'll just go back to bed instead. Snore.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X