• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Contract extension reinstated.

Helps to have skeletons in low places.
    FTFY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Call from the landlord: the chap downstairs had reported a drip in his kitchen apparently coming from my kitchen

After much rummaging around under the sink, I identified the source as the waste pipe therefrom, which runs down to a T-joint with the extension for the washing machine waste. I grabbed both sides of the joint that was dripping, pushed them together hard, and it seems to have stopped

I was hunting around in there for bin bags yesterday, so I reckon it's just a rubbish joint (they're plastic pipes and seem to just slot together) and I accidentally jostled it loose. Not bothered if he comes round and fixes it so the problem doesn't recur, but at least with the drip stopped he can do so at a convenient time for me.

He wasn't going to come until Monday anyway; he's in the pub right now, and he doesn't like doing stuff on weekends

Comment

More top telly!

S4 of Surgeons: At the Edge of Life

S6 of Shetland (that one's a good few weeks old now)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          More top telly!

S4 of Surgeons: At the Edge of Life

S6 of Shetland (that one's a good few weeks old now)
          Ooh, Surgeons!

Comment

Tea has been one of them there thick-cut ribeye steaks, with the usual chips, beans, and fried onions

All accompanied by the first part of S4E1 of Surgeons

I managed to cook the steak so rare that the meal will probably appear in S5

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere: In the Line of Fire (1993), which is well good! I expected it to be pretty good, but it was better

And then some other stuff, but nothing new

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Last night's dreams included a couple of half inch computer drives in some sort of shop or exhibition.

Very troubling.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dank.

Warmish at 16.8 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 68% RH.

Saturday: another long dark teatime of the soul.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the drizzle.

Then the sun came out, with hints of blue sky.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Due to lack of innerest, nothing much was achieved this afternoon, other than poking about in a shoe box which happily contained some stuff which wouldn't fit back in, tidy like, afterwards.

Tea: spag with some less than overwhelmingly fiery bol, pretty meh this week, a couple of yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the first 10 minutes and last half hour of "Ride the High Country (1961)" with that Randolph Scott character and Spock's squeeze from 5000 years in the past of the planet Sarpeidon, Beta Niobe.

Other entertainment was provided by the disposal of some HP and Heinz tomato sauces, both BBE 2018, which had gone A Funny Colour.

There's a bottle of some sauce or other BBE Jan 2018 which has never been opened, but I suspect it's destined for the sink.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 November 2021, 18:46.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. I can see little patches of blue. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13. The sun is not expected to make much of an appearance today. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

Smalls in the WM. Have two main jobs to do today - go to the shops and do my OU assignment. The result being that I'm doing nothing at present and there's risk of me doing cleaning to avoid both tasks.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Britain's first living quintuplets are born in London 1969

Comment

Smalls out and dresses and jumpers in.

I've cleared away the remnants of the chilli plants as I decided trying to overwinter them wasn't practical.

Now looking for more work avoidance jobs to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X