• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I can just about get my jeans on!
    Zen Chury Om.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Grey/white sky.

Dreary.

20.7 deg in here.

1012 mBar, in Hg, 68% RH.

Saturday.

Wireless seems unduly obsessed with some contest or other, never endingly so.

Thusly it is silent currently.

More curious & unpleasant dreams.

Could have done without the one where I'm in some class or other and trying to do an essay or something about Shakespeare's ode to Sylvia.

I was glad to wake up.

Walk unwalked. I just can't be arsed.

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84% (84.0011%).

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich x2 on same (in a no doubt futile attempt to eat it all before it goes blue), a yog (non corner), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk walked (abbreviated), still lacking innerest, though the sun came out on the way back to make it hotter.

Lots of flies about required a flyswat.

Tea: spag with the last of the bol, stewed gooseberries and custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Star Trek (2009)" with that Leonard Nimoy chap and a number of others.

It was rather good, a good deal better than STNG: Nemesis.

"The Driver (1978)" with Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern.

It's a looooong time since I watched this one.

On reconsideration, it's not as long as all that.

Must have watched it within the last five years or so.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2021, 20:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another variable day - a bit grey at the moment, but now and again some wan sunshine breaks through. It's 17°C and not expected to get beyond 19°, chance of showers in the next few hours, barometers slightly down at 1008/1016mB

Fairly decent night's sleep had. Almost woke up at about half eight, but on discovering what the time was I firmly rejected that notion and went for the full eight hours

Comment

The tea towels washed yesterday have dried well overnight and been put away. Now, the mundane laundry is a few minutes from completion

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Searching for Secrets: Berlin: lots of secrets in this one.

Who knew it was built on a swamp?
          Must make things tricky if you're trying to build, say, an extensive underground bunker made out of extremely thick concrete

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Must make things tricky if you're trying to build, say, an extensive underground bunker made out of extremely thick concrete
            The funniest thing was the concrete mushroom, this being an experiment to see if the proposed giant victory arch thing dear old Adolph wanted built would stay standing considering the ground conditions.

Well, as it transpired, dear old Adolph didn't win, and the concrete mushroom proved that the victory arch would have fallen over since the mushroom sank about 3 time more than expected.

And who'd have expected the Brits to be involved in the invention of currywurst? (We supplied the curry powder & Worcester sauce in exchange for alcohol back in 1949 or so).
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2021, 20:37. Reason: 1949 not 1946
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I can just about get my jeans on!

that statement reminded me of a particularly vain lead guitarist in one of the many bands i was in, who had to lie on the dressing room floor to get his jeans on before gigs.
              made my eyes water just watching.

happy saturday all.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                happy saturday all.

Afternoon

How's things?

Comment

Lunch: Cumberland sausages and smoked bacon sandwiched in buttered sesame bloomer toast

That's the last of the not-thick-cut bacon out of the freezer, so from now on it's thick-cut all the way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Afternoon

How's things?
                    OK, sifting through a lifetime of hoarded stuff so we can merge two houses.
                    also working on an album for a mate.
                    busy busy*
                    no proper work though, but hey, feck it.

*occasionally winding up miserable feckers in General too.

Comment

Home.

The journey home was simple and uneventful. On dropping my bag off, our negative covid and passenger locator forms were checked (are you negative? did you actually fill in the PLR?). On our way through passport control to the gate the friendly SEF operative asked where I was going and whether I'm resident in Portugal. I said I was sadly not resident, to which he replied, "you ought to buy a house then".

The plane had hardly anyone on it so boarding was completed 30 mins before departure and we took off about 10 mins before the scheduled off blocks time. The lead stewardess was on her first flight in over a year as she had been furloughed.

We were expecting the worst when we arrived and got completely the opposite. Someone at Border Farce had figured out how to link the PLR to the passport so one could use the eGates. Other than it taking a while to decide whether to let me through, it worked! My case was the second one out.

Train to Paddington, where we had an appointment for our (on or before) Day 2 test, was one of the new ones for the Elizabeth line and was clean and comfortable. We were an hour early for the test due to over estimating the time needed to exit Heathrow so were in and out in 10 mins.

All unpacked and now making HWMBO watch a weeks' worth of TdF highlights.

Much laundry to be done soon.

Our holiday in Spain next month has had to be moved so we'll be doing holiday planning tomorrow.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 10 July 2021, 18:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X