• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late night zenchury

love that song..

https://secondhandsongs.com/work/3497/versions

note 1990!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a decent night's sleep had. It was too warm to start with, but soon cooled down to a more acceptable level with the window open. Might have to consider switching to the ⅓ duvet if it carries on though

Speaking of which, it's a grey start but 17°C with a forecast high of 24°, though the cloud isn't expected to clear much if at all before late evening. Barometers on 1012/1020mB, so pretty steady

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Sunless.

Warmer at 19.9 deg in here.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 64% RH.

Thursday.

Awakened early by the Recycling Engineers noisy endeavours this morning just to improve my mood.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the endless drizzle.

One might almost think there was some astronomical event happening judging by the overwhelming greyness & 10 10ths cloud cover.

Another Early Purple Orchid spotted on my walk.

Lunch: Heinz lentil and ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (this last tasted a bit blue in places), bramble jelly sandwich on same (non blue), a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, just had an email about an outside IR35 contract in Edinburgh requiring VHDL.

Two problems: Edinburgh and I don't know anything about VHDL.

Other than that, a perfect fit.

Freecell score in the gathering gloom: 88%, running average 84% (83.92%).

Tea: the last of the lamb mince verision of chilli with rice, a mango slice, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Discovering Julie Andrews.

She's made a remarkable number of films I've never seen & never even heard of.

Though the contrast between the two I have seen: "Mary Poppins" and "10" is quite striking.

I think I've seen the one where she gets her wotsits out too, though many years ago.

Queen: The phenomenon on Sky Arts.

Yesterday: Secret Nazi Bases: The sum of all fears: about the V2 apparently.

Oh, good, apparently the 30MW Peenemunde power station is incredible.

Bollocks. The local Ty John power station in Swansea had 5 times the output and was built & on line in 1935.

Where do they get this crap from?

Ah, we've got to dear old Wernher, "I aimed for the stars & sometimes hit London".

Ah, this is the prog with the V2 rockets flying horizontally.

Where did they get that idea from?

Gosh. If you've got a spare V2 hanging about, here's the design of the control system analogue computer:

https://www.cdvandt.org/Hoelzer%20V4.pdf

Trucking Hell S4 E9: wherein shall there be Rory?

Nope, no Rory. Merrie from Lantern and that Michael chap I don't much like.

Michael recovers a horsebox on the M25 which involves completely shutting both carriageways and a replacement horsebox for the horse.

Merrie recovers yet another refuse truck stuck in a ditch, much the same as last week's, except she does it successfully on her own rather than last week's job which required two recovery trucks and took hours.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2021, 20:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry, bright, sunny, end of days. Currently 19 degrees and expected to reach 25 later. Barometer down a smidge to 1021 mBar.

A bit sore headed this morning following one too many beverages with HWMBO. No opportunity to relax though as the 50+ emails I sent to SharePoint site owners before I clocked off yesterday evening caused a bit of a stir. Turns out emailing the CEO to tell him to claim his site or lose it is not the done thing . Emergency call with the programme director (who I get on well with) and he's a happy bunny again. TPTB have decreed that the project cannot go past 31 December so people do have to stop being so precious

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous system of two humans is carried out by Kevin Warwick in Britain 2002

This sounds very cool, I shall read up on that

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I love you baby and if it's quite all right
            I need you baby to warm the lonely nights
            I love you baby, trust in me when I say
            Oh pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray
            Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay
            And let me love you baby, let me love you

Quality drivel

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous system of two humans is carried out by Kevin Warwick in Britain 2002

This sounds very cool, I shall read up on that
              The Register were always very scathing about Kevin Warwick back then. They reckoned he was a publicity-chaser and took to calling him "Captain Cyborg"

https://search.theregister.com/?q=%2...rwick%22&site=

Comment

I was told there was some sun, moon and earth thing going on around 11am. Unfortunately the sky has been grey since sunrise.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

HWMBO has done a sterling job of getting my errant PC build up and running.

I am very impressed that Windows 10 can cope with a complete change of hardware and still boot. A few driver updates needed, as expected, but otherwise all good and stable.

He's now working on cloning my original SSD over to the new M.2 drive and it'll be job done.

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) for lunch

The neighbours hadn't filled the recycling bin this week, so I was able to get rid of my own normal recycling then cram the remaining Ikea packaging into the top

And then it really was full, so that's been trundled

Still grey out, and only up to 21°C so far

Comment

I'm sorting out a self-storage unit for a while, not just because of the whole central heating malarkey but also because I figure moving the boxes out and then dealing with them (i.e. deciding that 90% of the contents are junk and should be disposed of) one at a time will be less overwhelming than trying to cope with it all at once. I was going to take my walk up there this evening to sort out the paperwork, but the chap phoned me up and apologetically explained that he's on his own there today and he's already got a load of people booked in for this evening, so could I please come another time?

So I agreed to pop up tomorrow lunchtime instead. No skin off my nose, and I wasn't going to move anything up there this evening anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X