• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

century+1
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      And the future is certain

I did consider going for it but then got a call from my PM

Comment

I'm quite enjoying the repeats of Mastertapes on Radio 4 of an evening. In the 11.30 pm slot where you'd usually get 'today in Parliament' when they're not on holiday.

Monday and yesterday evening was with Paul Weller and one I caught last week was with Suzanne Vega.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b021mjc4

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Did you get fed up of shortages in Waitrose and eat them?
          No, they were staying at my sister-in-law's an a different fox got them.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I did consider going for it but then got a call from my PM
            You could have documented it as a milestone.

"Milestone : Achieved CUK Century 11:46 2021-08-04"

seems as valid as our project plan which is sponsored by Andrex or should be it is "soft, wrong and very very long"
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch was a fresh baked baguette (half of) topped with some caponata type stuff I made the other day and a bit of grated parmesan.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 4 August 2021, 14:29.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I was thinking of taking the car out for a charge and some shopping when I got back, but I spotted a suspicious number of people in blue shirts, and the road parallel to this one was busy with traffic in a certain pattern I've come to recognise. So I checked when I got in and it's true: football is happening at the place over the river from me

I'll give them all a while to get there and go out later instead. Tonight's meal will be either the Scotch broth I've had in the slow cooker all day or something quick and easy out of the freezer, so it doesn't matter if I'm a bit late

Lunch, BTW, was sausages in finger rolls

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all
                  Have I missed much?
                  Afternoon

You've missed changing your Christmas avatar

Comment

The car has been taken out, and Sainsbury's has been gone to

Pretty quiet there around 20:30 on a Wednesday, it turns out. Shortages weren't too bad; some stuff I think had just sold out, as it tends to around that time. My Big Chicken isn't very big, but it was the last one left

Other noticeable gaps that were clearly due to supply chain problems: no tomato ketchup; no own-brand naan; no yellow flesh nectarines.

But as shortages go, it's nothing like the scale of spring last year. Plenty of meat and veg and the idiots seem to have steered clear of the pasta, presumably because they have plenty left

Comment

As predicted, tea has been Scotch broth with wholemeal bread. This batch has turned out extremely well

Comment

Working...
                      X