• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Loud banging noises coming from somewhere, though it's hard to pinpoint them. I think it may be the flat upstairs; perhaps the owner has realised, after having it on the market for eighteen months and dropping the price several times, that they need to do up the bathroom and kitchen themselves

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Mildly damp on our walk earlier, and due to me not being able to get myself moving, we only managed 7.97km.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rather a gloomy start out, with added drizzle. That will continue until mid-morning, while the cloud will continue all day. Currently 6°C but not getting any higher than 10°, with the barometers heading down to 989/997mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Earlier viewing was the usual Canadian customs and NZ roads policing stuff.

And later, new episodes of Ambulance and 24 Hours in A&E plus an old one of the latter

There was evidence of lack of local knowledge in the new 24 Hours… when the subtitles referred to "Burrow Hill". As any fule kno, it's Burrough Hill - a landmark to be found at at, oddly enough, the village of Burrough on the Hill, which has a very good pub, or did the last time I was there, around 1988

Monday again tomorrow, but at least it's only a four day week

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: a nice fry-up

Accompanied by an episode of Time Team in which they dug up a back garden in Raunds, Northants, in search of a Saxon cemetery, because the lady who lived there had already found a Saxon skeleton and grave goods which she'd dug up herself a few years previously

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lovely sunny day down in Sussex by the Sea. Front and back lawns given a long cut (first of the year). I had hoped that would help the underlying stuff to dry out in readiness for a shorter cut next time but the forecast is for rain for the foreseeable from Tuesday.

Mum has only failed to find the horoscopes three times in the Mail on Sunday 'You' magazine and then subsequently find them when I say they're in the back.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Early lunch: a bit of steak & stout pie, cold. Works well that way too

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny and blustery morning so far. Large lumps of fluff hanging about.No rain forecast. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up a bit to 1013 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. Staying over as she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I really don't fancy an early start to drive down there to pick her up.

Cough getting better, slowly. I've decided it was bronchitis as that sounds more interesting than "a cough".

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

According to the prognosticator it's dry all day so naturally enough the rain began as I put the washing in the WM.

Damp.

Wanly sunny

Supposed to be breezy and it isn't.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 9 deg in the salting house.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts out of the WM & out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

^^^ The triumph of hope over experience.

Meanwhile on the 9th of September 2019 there was discussion of Bruce Willis having hair in Yippee Kay Yay, Mofo days of "Die Hard", whereas the review of the congregation regarding "Bladerunner 2049" seemed uniformly negative, it being judged pretentious twaddle unrelated to anything that PKD might have intended.

Cottons out of the WM and out on the line.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned and airing upstairs. Some of these aren't even suitable for gardening shirts any more so why I keep wearing them is a mystery.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage: S17 Teenagers.

The Infinite Monkey Cage: S17 How animals behave.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Boots done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the initial sunshine then grey gloom. Got quite warm.

Entertainment: Border Control Canada <click> watched it before.

100 channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from & nothing to watch.

I suppose I'd better finish iRoning the cottons then, for want of anything else to occupy me.

Duly iRoned where required & airing upstairs.

Tea: soup etc Morrisons cumberland sausages with bacon (smoked) and onion gravy etc. Rather nice I thought. And there 3 left for a sausage butty tomorrow. About 90% of the cooking, apart from frying, took place in the poppity ping, which I've discovered is quite effective.

Entertainment: thing about The Great Plague of London. How odd: sulphur (or sulfur) dioxide smoke kills fleas very effectively, while limewash kills bacteria as effectively as a modern biocide.

Which proves that our ancestors weren't as dumb as we apparently think they were.

Digging up Britain: Elsyng Palace: one of the fat monster's palaces.

Am Dro: Llandre, Newquay, Cwmtydu, Llanrug and Henlan. Well I know where one of those is.

Bollox about Atlantis on 5. Oh. It's Dan Snow. .

Megadisasters on Blaze: Glow Train: or how to blow up a train carrying propane to hell & gone.

Oh, it's about shipping nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain waste depository. :.

The End of Atlantis on 5+1. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2024, 16:46.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, albeit more cloud than not. Windy too, so the conifers have got a bit of a shimmy on. Currently 6°C (though the wind is allegedly making it "feel like" 2°), and expected to get to 11°. The barometers are slightly up though, at 997/1005mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X