• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Was pissing down, now not pissing down.

Was grey grey grey, now there's a bit of blue sky across the valley there's tidy then boyo.

Sunless.

Gettng lighter.

Cold at 16.2 deg.

1011 mBar & 66% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

<hiatus>

Sun's out & so will I be shortly.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 October 2020, 09:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all.

Beautiful sunny morning, not a cloud in the sky. Currently 18 degrees with a forecast high of 23. Breakfast just finished and we have a few hours to mooch about before we take the train up to Porto.

Comment

Morning denizens

After a grey start it's brightened up quite a lot and is quite Simpsonesque now

Only 8°C though, and not forecast to get past 11°

My knee is still grumbling. I definitely seem to have done something to annoy it. I've remembered I had trouble with it some years ago - maybe seven or eight, as at the time I attributed it to gout, which is now under control with medication. Anyway, at that time I bought a knee support thing from Boots which I remember being a great help, and must still have it somewhere. I now need to decide whether the wear and tear on the knee caused by excavating my bedroom to find it will be too much for it to do any good once I finally do

Comment

Morning all.

CBS here but I reckon it'll be a bit bloody chilly.

Comment

Text from the landlord to tell me the electrician will be here two weeks tomorrow to replace the 1980s fusebox with an up-to-date one and check the electrics generally. This means I have to shift loads of stuff so he can access everything he needs to, but it'll be worth it; I've always been vaguely concerned about the comparatively old electrics here, and I still haven't got around to buying one of those little cards with different sizes of fuse wire wrapped round it just in case one goes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Text from the landlord to tell me the electrician will be here two weeks tomorrow to replace the 1980s fusebox with an up-to-date one and check the electrics generally. This means I have to shift loads of stuff so he can access everything he needs to, but it'll be worth it; I've always been vaguely concerned about the comparatively old electrics here, and I still haven't got around to buying one of those little cards with different sizes of fuse wire wrapped round it just in case one goes
              Ah, the joys of the RCD and the MCB fuse box.

I wish you well with your random tripping.

Walk walked.

Even had a conversation with a man & his dog.

Got the TV Times, paid in a cheque from the robbers at HMRC into the almost unused passbook account in the Halifax, then got some money out of Barclays without using a sawnoff which is always a plus.

Lunch: spring wegetable soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, and the never ending hammering is ongoing next door.

Comment

Morrisons trip done.

Back to writing code - it's remarkable how much you can do when you have scaffolding that does all the work.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Ah, the joys of the RCD and the MCB fuse box.

I wish you well with your random tripping.
                  Good point. I may have to rearrange the boxes or even shift the TV to make it easier to reach into that corner

Comment

I came in here to say something, now what was it?

How's the Super Monkey Car?

Does its battery go flat as quickly as the Corolla?

(That wasn't it but it'll do for now).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      I came in here to say something, now what was it?

How's the Super Monkey Car?

Does its battery go flat as quickly as the Corolla?

(That wasn't it but it'll do for now).
                      It's OK, though I suspect my neglect over last winter hasn't done the battery any favours

I need to get it checked out ready for its MOT, which was delayed until December because of the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                      X