• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the ongoing struggle to fit half a gallon (Imperial) into a pint pot (Imperial), much potching has taken place.

Would table be better where the bookshelf is in the hall?

Potch.

Answer: no.

Unpotch.

Move table closer to the telephone table: success.

Wrap the offending foot of table in some sort of foam & duct tape it firmly in place success.

Discover long forgotten book about combat handgun shooting & browse for a while.

Discover ancient exercise book from A level Maths: no recall whatever of the contents.

Didn't know I'd done div grad & curl for A lever Pure maths, probably because I fell back to P&A maths instead.

Book also contains Strangelove Mater's curious household accounts which also appear to use grad div and curl judging by the hieroglyphs.

Found various bits of paper relating to the late Strangelove Pater's church activities and determined what needs to be disposed thereof.

Now contemplating donating said table and 4 chairs to whatever charity emporium will take them.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast lamb, some stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And I just got some chocs for clearing up next door's garden when the scaffolders were doing their irritating thing last week.

Now wondering why bookshelf has book on Pascal programming in it. <spit>

Then again, it's got half a shelf of stuff about Delphi so that might explain it.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea towels done, having had a proper 60° wash with some of that oxy bleach stuff thrown in too

Even the grubby one I found stuffed in a bag in the bedroom the other day, where it had been festering for at least sixteen years, came out really clean

Comment

Walk walked, briskly at times, not so briskly at others, but either way: green ring closed

Comment

Pre dinner snack of Vietnamese chicken wings/legs before the kinder go off to whatever it is they're going off to do. Thai curry for proper dinner when they get back.

Comment

Dinner: Chicken curry from the freezer

Ents: random stuff on YouTube. Currently watching Piers Morgan lose his tulip with Johnson.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Watching Mock The Week on YouTube.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Just popped out the back and it feels very chilly out there. Officially it's only 8°C, but the wind and lingering damp made it feel colder

In here, it's nice and warm, and recent rearrangements of the vast amount of junk cluttering the place make it easier to get the clotheshorse set up in front of the fire. The tea towels are all nearly dry now and would probably have taken until tomorrow afternoon in the kitchen. So I reckon I'll probably do more drying in here over the winter

Comment

I made brownies for pudding but I wasn't happy with them. Not quite as bad as the recent GBBO efforts but not up to my usual standard.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 3 November 2020, 08:40.

Comment

Entertainment: the remainder of the commentary on "From Russia with love" which was mildly inneresting.

Followed by "Thunderball (1965)" which has never been one of my favourites and is pretty meh all in all, with some good bits and a pretty ridiculous fight on the boat at the end.

Nice to see some Vulcans flying.

And to remember a time when there were $2.80 to the £.

All in all at 2hrs 4 mins it seemed longer.

Once the commentary has been listened to, it'll be time for "Never say never again", but that's probably tomorrow.

TFBSDrS.

One observes that NF reviewed this in 2017 and it's included in Monday links from yonks ago.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 November 2020, 23:57.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's telly was more of The Crash Detectives during and after dinner, followed by a further episode of Life on Mars

Nice moon out there earlier, though it's either too high or to far round to be seen from in here now. Apparently it's going to cloud over later and rain towards dawn

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X