• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels a bit chilly in here tonight. Looking at the thermometer I see that it is not at all chilly - it's 21.9°C at the moment. But somehow it still feels it

Probably just the vaguely damp, grey feel of the view out the window or something.

Comment

Tea has been chicken tikka masala, freshly made (Pataks sauce, of course) with the usual rice and naan. Very nice

It reminded me that BR14's seven-day ban still hasn't been lifted

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment:

Timeless S2 E5 "The Kennedy Curse" wherein our heroes bring JFK back to 2017 and he wanders off.

Sapphire & Steel "The Faceless man".
        And in between the two: "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel, being a communication from 1999 to 1969 and back again by ham radio type of thing.

Frequency (2000) - IMDb

Rather amusingly, one of the kids back in 1969 is told to buy Yahoo! shares as soon as he can.

There's a clip from Hill Street Blues in it too, where Belker is busting the gay chap.

It must be said that Sapphire & Steel is a bit gnomic at the moment.

I'm not sure it's the faceless man ep.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Another example of the decay of CUK.

In other news, it's still pissing down.

I got very wet when I was out there bonfiring, which got rid of three binbags of crap and a fair quantity of bone dry weeds that had semicooked in the greenhouse at about 50 deg C.

This rain should make the the grass look a bit greener.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2020, 22:48.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lamb backbone chops + veg & home made mint sauce.

Watching Monk S2.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I rather liked monk until they got rid of the actress.

It was never quite the same after that.

Sapphire & Steel is still gnomic.

It's about Time Travellers from 3500 on an expedition to 1980AD.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was more of Survivors, being S1E9 Law and Order (TV Episode 1975), in which we learn that having a strong immune system does not preclude being utterly clueless when it comes to instituting a system of criminal justice

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning!

I woke up 1 minute before my alarm feeling really quite rested. Hurrah!

Overcast and no sign of recent precipitation. Currently 14 degrees with 19 forecast. Rain is also forecast.

First coffee being drunk. Today is a meetings, rather than doing, day.

<update>
                  Laundry 1 is in the WM
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 11 June 2020, 07:46.

Comment

NSFW!

Tea has been chicken tikka masala, freshly made (Pataks sauce, of course) with the usual rice and naan. Very nice
                    This chap on YouTube is not a fan of jar sauces; his little videos are rather entertaining. There's something about swearing with an aussie accent that always makes me smile.

Maybe the ban is lifted but BR14 decided to stay away? Shame.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 11 June 2020, 07:49.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      This chap on YouTube is not a fan of jar sauces; his little videos are rather entertaining. There's something about swearing with an aussie accent that always makes me smile.

Maybe the ban is lifted but BR14 decided to stay away? Shame.
                      He is entertaining, and it's a good way to get across to people that most meals can be cooked from scratch really easily.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X