• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandwich made with rather tasty sourdough bread, containing left over garlic & chilli prawns, red onion, tomato, cheese & coleslaw.
    Finished off with a mini pork pie (The Wife (tm) bought me a 6 pack of them yesterday as a meat treat)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's raining.

Gently.

But implacably.

Since all the washings are in off the line I could leap out & have my monthly bonfire of the accumlated vanities crap.

For some odd reason HMG is sending me letters about some online employment questionaire thing.

Since I'm a retired I've disposed of the first copy, but they've send another, which has gone to the same place.

I'm now awaiting the 3rd & 4th which will receive the same regard.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I keep forgetting to put a wash on. Maybe I'll remember when I'm finished with this work stuff.

Comment

Car insurance renewal time is fast approaching. Currently the Toyota is insured with Tesco Bank, who naturally stuck a whacking great increase on. So I've found a cheaper quote elsewhere, by a fair margin - and it includes RAC cover, which Tesco refuse to give me as the car is "too old" - apparently they won't provide breakdown cover for anything older than ten years. So that means I can also cancel the separate Green Flag cover, which coincidentally also had a whopping increase

But the best thing is that, due to the pressures imposed on Tesco Bank's call centres by Covid-19, you no longer have to phone up to cancel the renewal and have somebody waste half-an-hour knocking £3.49 off then trying to prove that it's better than the new place. Instead, there's a form (somewhat hidden away) on their site that you can fill in and email to them. You have to wait 3 working days for confirmation that it's been cancelled, so maybe they'll phone anyway, but it's not as if they can keep the policy going if I just don't answer - they've confirmed receiving the email and what it means, so cancel they must

Comment

Very grey day out

I don't think it's raining at all though; the road seems dry. But it's very dark in here despite my extremely tall windows.

Comment

It has been raining here this afternoon.

I failed to observe if the timing matched the forecast.

Comment

Following completion of the workbench in the garage time has been spent reorganising to make the most of the now available space and get stuff put away properly.

Now at the point where I actually have room to do proper mechanical stuff in there without constant cursing as to where I just put the thing I need and having to move half a dozen things to get to what I wanted in the first place.

Also saved at least one trip to the tip to dispose of the old shed carcass that got recycled into the bench.
                Last edited by DaveB; 10 June 2020, 15:56.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon's Freecell score: 100%, running average 83% (83.068).

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast beef with carrots & onions, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Timeless S2 E5 "The Kennedy Curse" wherein our heroes bring JFK back to 2017 and he wanders off.

Sapphire & Steel "The Faceless man".
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

trim fitted around a door, bit of filling. Now making up a power panel for node 0.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Very uneventful evening thus far.

Pie cut up into portions and in the freezer. One portion reheated for dinner.

It's rained a little.

Trying to decide whether my orchid, the latest of several attempts, is a lost cause or recoverable.

Comment

Working...
                      X