• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
    Om

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Given that, tpd could reach 400k in about 2 years....
      It could break at page 32768 (2^15)
      Married

Comment

No worries. NF coded it up. Though he did say suity was PM....

Comment

Angry locals at Dorset coastal beauty spot erect sign demanding tourists 'go home' | Daily Mail Online

Of course, no-one from CUK would be silly enough to head to their second home in Dorset....

Comment

The awfully big adventure (which actually feels like one nowadays) of going to Sainsbury’s has been completed

Queuing at the door, but only for a minute or two and suitably spaced; as I recall there were about six people/couples ahead of me. The woman behind me clearly had no idea what 2m is and stayed far too close, despite me half-glancing back over my shoulder several times in a manner that clearly indicated I might well tut if this kind of thing carried on

Inside, it was better stocked than last week, but the people still weren’t very good at staying away from each other. They’d manage it briefly, but then the sight of chicken breasts, or tinned kidney beans, or something equally inconsequential would drive them into a frenzy as they scuttled in to - well, mostly to just stand there looking at them and eventually move away without taking any, but all the while FAR TOO CLOSE TO ME, and blocking the direction I had to move in to avoid getting too close to some hapless shelf stacker behind me

They say the English can be quite distant, but I couldn’t keep these feckers away

Not a lot of wine left (any colour). Also, not much variety in the beer department. And when I checked with a member of staff (standing a suitable distance away), the limit of three items applies per type-of-thing; so you can for example have one bottle each of three different beers, or three bottles of one beer, but three bottles total is your lot. At least beer and wine count separately

Toilet roll aisle: upper shelves full of 9-packs for the entire length of the aisle, albeit only one or two packs deep, and only a single Sainsbury’s own-brand variety. I got one of a small number of 4-packs left on the lower shelf, as with my existing stock that will be sufficient to keep me at the can-stay-in-and-hide-for-twelve-weeks-if-I-have-to mark.

Coming back I came down the main road for the last stretch, rather than the parallel less-main road I usually use to avoid the traffic, as there isn’t that much traffic. This allowed me to observe the state of things along there. Co-op open, Wilkos open, Iceland open, newsagents open, takeaways either open or showing signs that they’ll probably be open this evening. Massage parlours and bookmakers closed.

Anyway, all done now, stuff put away, hands washed

Comment

We'll be expecting daily check-ins from you to make sure one of the great unwashed didn't pass the lurgy onto you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                No worries. NF coded it up. Though he did say suity was PM....
                No I didn’t; vBulletin did

I have checked though, and postid is an unsigned int, which in MySQL has an upper limit of 4,294,967,295. As I’m writing this, the most recent post on the forums is 2,749,998, so we have a bit of leeway

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  We'll be expecting daily check-ins from you to make sure one of the great unwashed didn't pass the lurgy onto you.
                  Should be a week or so before it shows up, but I’ll keep you posted

I still hope that weird lurgy I just got over was it, as then I don’t have to worry any more. But I suppose I won’t find out unless something comes of that antibody test business

Comment

Oh, pasta: basically, there wasn’t any. Two or three packs of lasagne sheets was about it. I never knew the British were such a pasta-loving people

Or maybe they’re just embracing the spirit of WWII by subjecting themselves to a complete lack of variety in their diet, eating stuff they don’t like very much for months on end because that’s all they’ve got

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Still no chem trails.
                      Chem trails!

Two outbound, one inbound, about an hour ago.

Some potching about done in the garage, some stuff extracted for the next bonfire, two of those solar battery things found, one still works, the other is dead.

The working one is currently () putting 100mA into the Corolla battery.

Feck me it's been wet in there & no mistake.

I'll have to clear more stuff out when the dump reopens, there must be a dozen PCs at least.

And a holley 4 barrel carb & inlet manifold for a 3 litre Essex V6.

Stupidest thing I ever bought.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2020, 16:40.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X