• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Yep, ours even had a choice of Aloe Vera or Coconut Oil versions. I went for the coconut.
    yep MrsAG went for that option also
    Married

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny morning out

Only around 11°C so far, but big things (14°) are promised for this afternoon

No emergency text from HM Gov yet. That’s O2 for you

Comment

SMS from HMG just arrived. Nothing new therein.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz sandwich spread on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed crust, bramble jelly sandwich, 1.05 septic pints of good Glengettie tea.

It has recently been brought to my attention that rather than 1.05 Imperial pints of good Glengettie tea being consumed, it is, in fact, 0.91 Imperial pints of good Glengettie tea, slightly more.

This was determined using a measuring cylinder which reavealed that the quantity was actually 520ml.

We apologise for the misleading information previously supplied and will endeavour to avoid this error in the future, should there actually be a future following the zombie apocalypse.

Eight 4mm plugs soldered on to the ends of the 2.5mm speaker wire I bought for a ridiculous price from B&Q last week.

I had to put the largest tip on the soldering iron to cope with the heatsink effect of 2.5mm cable.

Some of that 16swg solder I foolishly forgot to nick would have been handy too.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by openstrike View Post
            SMS from HMG just arrived. Nothing new therein.
            Friend is a GP. They have been getting loads of calls from concerned patients because it implies you have some underlying health condition, even when they don't. It's very badly worded for the message they were trying to get across.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Friend is a GP. They have been getting loads of calls from concerned patients because it implies you have some underlying health condition, even when they don't. It's very badly worded for the message they were trying to get across.

D'oh!

I must admit that that's exactly what I thought too - I do have health conditions but couldn't figure out how they were relevant.

Comment

Greetings.

Went to Sainsbury's, it was rather nice experience, got most things apart from tin toms. Got some dog biscuit at Aldi. No-one being an idiot if only one woman who stood a bit too close to me, so I shoo'd her away.

Off for a run now.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Afternoon all

Health condition: currently alive

The Wife (tm) had to go out to deliver information to a local hospital, she's going to go to the shops while out. I've told her to try to get preserving sugar, lemons, root ginger and ginger in syrup.

The rhubarb is looking great in our garden and the neighbours', so a few kgs of jam will be on my list.
                  The hens have been hard at it as well, 7 eggs so far today, might get one more although it is late in the day for laying.
                  And I've watered the beetroot, pea, kale, cucumber and lettuce seeds that I planted at the weekend, plus gave the heritage tomatoes a drink as well.

...all billable hours.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Greetings.

Went to Sainsbury's, it was rather nice experience, got most things apart from tin toms. Got some dog biscuit at Aldi. No-one being an idiot if only one woman who stood a bit too close to me, so I shoo'd her away.

Off for a run now.

qh
                    Someone on Twitter said how their wife was at the supermarket, carefully maintaining the correct distance from other people, when in the till queue some bloke came and stood right behind her. She told him to move further away and he said “Oh, another of those social distancing idiots. Don’t worry, I’m not ill!” She replied “But you don’t know if I am” and he cleared off sharpish

Comment

I think this is really the smiley’s moment to shine

Comment

Working...
                      X