• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You can make the base alcohol out of anything. As long as it's distilled with juniper, it'll be trendy catspish
    ftfy

Comment

A couple of mince pies were had; I went to the trouble of heating them up in the oven too

They accompanied more of S5 of The Wire: E4 Transitions (TV Episode 2008), and E5 React Quotes (TV Episode 2008)

Early night now, as I want to get the shopping done tomorrow. Not that much to get really, but the shops will be closed for a whole day next week so maybe I should do that thing of buying seventeen extra loaves and a dozen quarts of milk to tide me over

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        it'll be time for S5 E12, 13, 14 & 15 of Angel.

I have almost no memory of any of these later eps.
        And thusly it came to pass.

Nice to see Cordelia's final ep again.

I'd forgotten the twist.

Not so keen on Illyria but there you go.

In many ways, Root in Person of Innerest was a better role.

Less whiny.

7 to go.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Early night now, as I want to get the shopping done tomorrow. Not that much to get really, but the shops will be closed for a whole day next week so maybe I should do that thing of buying seventeen extra loaves and a dozen quarts of milk to tide me over

Goodnight all
        Pod Person Alert!
        Pod Person Alert!

Where's the Real NF gone?
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2019, 23:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Slight case of this morning.

Popped out to the pub(s) last night and ended up having a couple more than intended. I blame the last establishment for having two versions of the same beer on. A rather nice Porter on both Keg and Cask. So of course I had to have one of each, just to compare.

The 6.3% "Special Reserve" winter ale may have been a poor choice for a first pint as well.

Still, last day on site at client co. this year.

A few odd days left WFH but basically off until January.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dire.

Notsocold at 18.6 in here this morning.

No current precipitation.

Shirts in the WM.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning lovelies

It's persisted it down all night and so far this morning.

When I thought I was going to have no pairs of safety boots for my airside visit on Monday, it now seems I will have two! Very vexing.

I ate the last mince pie yesterday so I either have to make my own (which I quite fancy doing) or go and buy more (which is an equally acceptable option).

HWMBO is tasked with making the mulled wine today so it can fester for a day or two before we quaff it.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, not even that warm at 8°C

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Pod Person Alert!
                    Pod Person Alert!

Where's the Real NF gone?
                    Nowhere yet, though I’m hoping the coffee will help get me started

First on the order of business for today (after coffee) is what Microsoft Software Update would describe as an “out of band” trip to the chemist’s to see if the changed prescription nonsense has finally been sorted out

Meanwhile I’m still taking the medicine that has been subject to a worldwide recall due to the possible presence of traces of a carcinogen as an unexpected result of the manufacturing process

And after that, the shopping, which I expect to be pretty hellacious even though it's Friday morning, due to the peasantry swarming in search of their seventeen extra loaves

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Morning all

Slight case of this morning.

Popped out to the pub(s) last night and ended up having a couple more than intended. I blame the last establishment for having two versions of the same beer on. A rather nice Porter on both Keg and Cask. So of course I had to have one of each, just to compare.

The 6.3% "Special Reserve" winter ale may have been a poor choice for a first pint as well.

Still, last day on site at client co. this year.

A few odd days left WFH but basically off until January.
                      So the cycle training going well.....

Comment

Working...
                      X