• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's blockbuster was Jurassic Park (1993), which I haven't watched in many a long year. The main messages seem to be that if you're spending what must surely have been hundreds of millions of dollars, it might be a good idea to employ more than one systems software engineer, preferably ones without financial problems; and that children would be a lot safer if they'd just do what they're damn well told when they're told it.

Better get to sleep as I'm popping southwards tomorrow to see my Dad in hospital and deliver my Mum's birthday present, so I need to be up betimes

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Bugger.

I haven't got Furious 6.
        I was happy up until then.

Morning.

Grey.

Warmish. 14.6 in the living room, with 11.1 in the laundry room with a balmy min of 10.9.

I thought it was warm last night.

Dry.

More weird dreams last night. Ho hum.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, but dry, and fairly mild at a reported 9°C

I need to check stuff like tyre pressures and oil levels for the trip southwards. But first, coffee

Comment

Off on my travels

Comment

Just sorted out The Wife's (tm) tax return and paid my car tax (£450 ). Now to do my invoices for November & December.

Comment

Beef roasted. (Butcher's rather than that manky chunk I bought from Morrisons before Xmas).

Now waiting for the veg.

Trip to Tesco proved unsuccessful because they had exactly zero skimmed milk.

No jot nor tittle.

Very irritating.

Nice to hear a bit of Max Boyce on Desert Island Discs.

This afternoon's trip down the dump is pencilled in for later.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Just sorted out The Wife's (tm) tax return and paid my car tax (£450 ). Now to do my invoices for November & December.

Double just discovered my credit card has been skimmed somewhere. The thieves got away with a transaction for £1688 on 10/12, everything else after that was stopped when they tried to do it, but that transaction had been accepted and processed. After a short discussion with the credit card company, I'm getting a refund and a new card.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    This afternoon's trip down the dump is pencilled in for later.
                    The roast beef was ok.

The trip down the dump with more tulipe to get rid of (most of it belonging to next door who never seem to be able to do any of this tulipe, I mean, why would you when there's a feckwhit who does it for you regularly?), followed by a trip to sunny Morrisons to get the stuff I forgot this morning.

Plus two packets of Eccles Cakes (reduced) to make it all worthwhile.

Car now vacced to remove some of the detritus.

House vacced earlier to get some semblance of unslumness about the place.

Futile really since there's crumbs of Eccles Cake about the floor since I don't believe in delaying the enjoyment of such things for too long (where too long is 3 minutes after putting all the shopping away).

Following this week's bonfire of accumulated crap that while it could have been recycled was much more fun to burn, tea/dinner was Heinz baked beans (reduced salt & sugar & thusly totally fecking tasteless) with a Morrisons individual pork pie, all on toast.

And half a Morrisons quiche, just to prove that some Real Programmers do eat quiche.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 January 2019, 17:57.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Off on my travels
                      And home again. My Dad isn't really himself, but a week in hospital will do that to you. Also, he told me that the sleeping pills he's got make him feel pretty dopey, but without them he can't sleep properly on the ward, so he's making a tradeoff

Anyway, looks like it'll probably be the end of the week before he gets slung out, and they may want him to go to a rehab place for a couple of days training before letting him home. We shall see…

Comment

Working...
                      X