• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    l:

...unless there’s something you’re not telling us.

Comment

Just spent a fair amount of time and effort prying loose the staff beads on one of the windows, in the vague hope I might thus be able to free the sash. Sadly, it now seems pretty unlikely that this is going to work, so I'm abandoning the attempt

Comment

Oh, I fortified my substance with a large homemade sausage roll before starting, to prevent faintness and fading of vigour

Comment

Celebrating the 964th anniversary of the defeat of Macbeth by Siward, Earl of Northumbria, by washing the tea towels

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            In the current tome, we have passed through 1949 and the devaluation of the £ sterling from $4.03 to $2.80*.
            Having exceeded the level of excitement allowed for the day, I turned to "Pictures of Neath Port Talbot" for further entertainment, wherein I found, in different volumes, pictures of two of my teachers from the very dim & distant past.

One of them was Myron Davies, a gentleman, and the other was Tom Pugh.

They both taught Physics, and Myron Davies taught maths as well.

I also found a picture of "Neath Radio Service" wherein Strangelove Pater should feature, except that he doesn't.

Stan the Pole is in it though.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Celebrating the 964th anniversary of the defeat of The Scottish King by Siward, Earl of Northumbria, by washing the tea towels
              You can’t say that name!

In other news, the boss is away at a reunion of her former colleagues somewhere in Berkshire, so it’s me and the mutt tonight.

Have just cracked open a bottle of homemade wine from 2017 (which was quite a good year)

Remind me not to ban too many people later.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was spag bol wherein the spag was that odd brownish whole wheat stuff.

It was nice enough.

The grated cheddar improved it no end.

Followed by stewed apple (brown sugar, soft) with custard (very thick today, spoon stood up on its own).

No grated cheddar required.

Followed by 1.05 imperial pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The other book I found in the pile was "Dilbert Gives You The Business", being a book of Dilbert cartoons from goodness knows when that's been there [s]20[/s[ nearly 19 years if it's been there a day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dilbert-Bus.../dp/0740700030

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  You can’t say that name!

In other news, the boss is away at a reunion of her former colleagues somewhere in Berkshire, so it’s me and the mutt tonight.

Have just cracked open a bottle of homemade wine from 2017 (which was quite a good year)

Remind me not to ban too many people later.
                  have two or three bottles, and fill yer boots.
                  happy saturday.

chin chin, old chap

Comment

Tea towel washing is complete. It's still hovering around 25° in here, despite being no more than 17° outside; but at least there are still showers from time to time, and it's very grey

Comment

^^ Fecking sun is out.

It's 24.7 deg in here now.

I'm almost in the frame of mind to open some windows.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      In the current tome, we have passed through 1949 and the devaluation of the £ sterling from $4.03 to $2.80*.

It comes as a shock to realise that a half crown was known as half a dollar for a reason.
                      It was, of course, remiss of me not to define a crown as 5/- and half a crown as 2/6d.

That's 25p and 12.5p for those of tender years.

Comment

Working...
                      X