• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    This evening's entertainment is starting off with "Young Adult (2011)" with Charlize Theron, for which I don't hold out much hope for the kick assery of "Atomic Blonde" or "Mad Max 97".

Young Adult (2011) - IMDb
    It was ok, a nice little black comedy.

Are we allowed to call comedy "black" any more?

Tonight's 2nd feature was "Last Run (2001)" with Armand Assante and Jurgen Procknow (sans submarine).

Last Run (2001) - IMDb

It was rather good considering the budget and it's a UK/Hungarian co-production.

Unfortunately 4:3 but there you go.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pleasant evening down the pub

Then home, where as usual I pop out the back to make sure the communal gate is locked. It is, but also out there is a small car from next door, and the young woman driving it asks me to unlock said gate as her "partner" has kicked her out but won't unlock the gate

So I unlock the gate, and she drives out.

Whereupon said "partner" (a weaselly little git about my age, or maybe just considerably more decrepit than I was at his age) appears and castigates me for "letting her out"

**** him. He kept saying I shouldn't have unlocked the gate for her as "This is supposed to be a secure area" and I kept saying "It's supposed to be secure from people coming in, not from people going out"; it's pretty clear that I've screwed up whatever his latest play in the abusive relationship game was supposed to be.

**** him.

But other than that, a nice evening

Comment

Post-pub entertainment has been The Mummy (2017), in which a nice lady gives you chicken soup and Lucozade when you're not well an evil Ancient Egyptian princess is wrested from the tomb and then seeks to wreak vengeance upon the world through the medium of turning Tom Cruise into a manifestation of the god Set. I suspect this film is neither historically nor archaeologically sound, but as long as one isn't too bothered by that, it's good fun, although the heroine (assuming one doesn't regard the princess seeking to establish Death's reign over the world as the true heroine) bears a remarkable likeness to Ivanka Trump (who is much more likely to help establish such a reign than an Ancient Egyptian princess)

Goodnight all

Comment

Early doors
          Enduro bike
          Green Lanes
          Surrey
          Pub break
          Rib-eye braai
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all out walking the Surrey Lanes with the hounds.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lovely sunny morning.

The birds are singing.

The sun is shining.

There's no wind.

There's no rain.

There's no hail.

There's no murrain of beasts.

There's no snow.

So I stayed in bed, dozing quietly until 08:40.

It was pleasant.

The new neighbours have apparently got up & gone out, I would assume to some sort of godbothering type ceremony somewhere.

To which they're welcome.

The late Strangelove parents were equally likely to have done that, though to a brand rather further from CoE than that of the current attendees.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite a pleasant-looking day out there

Not too warm, mind; a mere 8°C, apparently

Comment

Light lunch of a massive fry-up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Light lunch of a massive fry-up
                    Where. oh where, is the Mr Creosote emoji ????
                    can we get a petition up?
                    @admin??????

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Lovely sunny morning.

The birds are singing.

The sun is shining.

There's no wind.

There's no rain.

There's no hail.

There's no murrain of beasts.

There's no snow.

So I stayed in bed, dozing quietly until 08:40.

It was pleasant.

The new neighbours have apparently got up & gone out, I would assume to some sort of godbothering type ceremony somewhere.

To which they're welcome.

The late Strangelove parents were equally likely to have done that, though to a brand rather further from CoE than that of the current attendees.
                      Since when it's pissed with rain, got sunny, pissed with more rain, got sunny, the new neighbours returned whence whereever they went, I've done the Sunday afternoon first trip to the dump, done the Sunday afternoon shop, done the 2nd trip to the dump, and finally sat down.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
                      Do you want that carpet & overlay taken down the dump?
                      Originally posted by Nephew who may not get a birthday present
                      Yes. If you've got room
                      Whatever.

Wouldn't fecking hurt him to do a bit of shifting himself, but I suppose if you've got a slave, why bother.

Lunch was a couple of chicken legs since I couldn't find the turkey legs this week.

Tea/dinner shall, I think, include a Morrisons individual pork pie, a poached tomato, toast, and a poached egg.

I'm already farting like an elephant since lunch so that combination ought to improve things no end.

Oh.

In other news, the murrain of beasts is currently in full flow.

And it's stopped.

It is April innit?

Comment

Working...
                      X