• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, wet, breezy out there again; though the cloud is getting thin enough in parts for some blue to show through, and the rain is getting more showery, it seems there's little prospect of the wind stopping any time soon

Comment

Sky now mostly blue with bits of white fluffy stuff scooting across it at a rate of knots.

Local bird life appears to have either retreated to the thicker undergrowth or resorted to walking.

Client co. car park has some of those excessively tall "lamp posts" with an array of spotlights mounted on the top. One of them is now wobbling in a somewhat worrying manner, with the top waving back and forth about 10 deg. either side of vertical.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Client last week: You need to be on site next week.
        Me: Can't do Monday, can do the rest of the week.
        Client: OK

Client today: You need to be on conf calls from 10am until 1pm, then find an office to work from away from the rest of the team until 4pm to get some work done, then conf calls 4-6pm
        Me: OK.

Basically, I'm "on site" but not with the client. Almost like I should ave stayed at home and got the same stuff done quicker, but without the deep fried mars bars.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Client last week: You need to be on site next week.
          Me: Can't do Monday, can do the rest of the week.
          Client: OK

Client today: You need to be on conf calls from 10am until 1pm, then find an office to work from away from the rest of the team until 4pm to get some work done, then conf calls 4-6pm
          Me: OK.

Basically, I'm "on site" but not with the client. Almost like I should ave stayed at home and got the same stuff done quicker, but without the deep fried mars bars.
          Are you me?

Comment

Afternoon all.

Grey, windy and wet here. Still on the bench but taking the chance to catch up on reading and podcasts.

There is at least a sniff of repeat business in a different part of the ConsultancyCo I was working with until last week, and various local council stuff (low stress at least).

Comment

Welcome Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Now that's an odd looking gismo.

photo cubsat v6

And that one's even odder.

Obviously French.

bored.

now.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turkey soup and wholemeal bread for lunch

I think that's the last of the turkey soup until next Christmas now

Comment

Hope you are all well. Looks like current gig with client co will come to a natural end on 29th.

Nice to get 15 months continuous invoicing.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

X7 home, jiggety jig.

Tea/dinner this evening shall be that beef & onions & carrots thing I do.

The poppety ping just pinged.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Are you me?
                      Quite possibly.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X