• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    you needed the tremulating spadgrowler with the lefthanded grendelsprocket.

HTH

I think those are in stock with Lidl this weekend.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another sunny, rather chilly, very breezy day out there today

Comment

I've been sucked into the time sink that is TV Tropes and, via links there, found these two articles that seem relevant to my interests: 7 Movies Based on a True Story (That Are Complete Bulltulip) | Cracked.com and 6 Movies Based on a True Story (That Are Also Full of tulip) | Cracked.com

Comment

After a brief hiatus, lunch was roast beef.

It was nice enough.

The Sunday afternoon trip down the dump was done & dusted, followed by a trip to Morrisons that was disappointing in its complete lack on anything interesting reduced.

After a brief hiatus, a nice bonfire ensued.

After a further hiatus whilst a shedload of tulipe got burned, a shower proved necessary, providing a hiatus for the lentil <pffffft> soup to warm up in the poppety ping.

Following this hiatus, I'm now watching a thing on 5 about the disappearance of MH370.

Which will provide a suitable hiatus before the Oak Island nutjobs come on at 21:00

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            After a brief hiatus, lunch was roast beef.

It was nice enough.

The Sunday afternoon trip down the dump was done & dusted, followed by a trip to Morrisons that was disappointing in its complete lack on anything interesting reduced.

After a brief hiatus, a nice bonfire ensued.

After a further hiatus whilst a shedload of tulipe got burned, a shower proved necessary, providing a hiatus for the lentil <pffffft> soup to warm up in the poppety ping.

Following this hiatus, I'm now watching a thing on 5 about the disappearance of MH370.

Which will provide a suitable hiatus before the Oak Island nutjobs come on at 21:00
            keep this up, and you'll get a hiatus hernia

stovies for dinner/tea/whatever, cos i hadn't had them in ages

v. nice

Comment

Tea tonight was a couple of duck breasts, marinated for a few hours in honey and soy with five spice then roasted; accompanied by chips, peas, and gravy with a dash of hoi sin sauce added. Very nice, it was

Comment

The Oak Island nutjobs are now required to do archaeology.

Rather than randomly digging undocumented holes left right & centre.

TFBSZ.

I almost fell asleep during the MH370 thing it was so interesting.

Comment

This evening, a film I probably first saw on 405 line VHF, now restored in HD: A Night to Remember (1958), being the story of the Titanic. Very good, and none of that irrelevant frippery with which James Cameron encumbered the tale.

And then a quick episode of Seinfeld.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    Clear blue skies and sunshine here, lovely dog walk earlier avoiding the fallen trees from yesterday's storm.

Last night I learned a new word, today I've discovered that it first came to use in the 19th Century, so having it used a film set in the early 18th Century is a mistake, but anyway... it means when a man is head-over-heels in lust with a woman. It's actually a very apt word, but to type it out would bypass a few swear filters.
                    10 letters, begins with C and the last six are: STRUCK.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all
                      Clear blue skies and sunshine here, lovely dog walk earlier avoiding the fallen trees from yesterday's storm.

Last night I learned a new word, today I've discovered that it first came to use in the 19th Century, so having it used a film set in the early 18th Century is a mistake, but anyway... it means when a man is head-over-heels in lust with a woman. It's actually a very apt word, but to type it out would bypass a few swear filters.
                      10 letters, begins with C and the last six are: STRUCK.
                      Charlie
                      Uniform
                      November
                      Tango
                      struck?

Indeed an interesting word!

Not sure why but today I want to be anywhere but here

oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X