• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They'll have to come and stay with you
    Feck off.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yeh, watched that last night
    why are you so involved with the moving next door?
    can't you just let them **** it up on their own?
    Feck nose.

And quite why did I find it necessary to tip the 3 shifters £20 each.

Other than they did a good job under trying circumstances & helped me out last year.

As regards the relative, I say again, feck nose.

on another level
    steak pie, chips and peas for the evening repast.
    and very nice too
    <stuffed fat pig emoji>

Dinner/tea this evening, when it finally arrived after a trip to Tesco so next door could buy some towels, was the sheer luxury of Heinz(tm) beans on toast (Morrisons, seeded, thick slice), with the 2nd of the two sausage rolls (Morrisons, reduced) that I purchased earlier today.

I have just discovered that I already possess 2 copies of a dvd that I bought today, so nothing new there then. .
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

As regards the relative, I say again, feck nose.

ah, it's family then?
      my sympathies old chap

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice it was

I also found one of the bonus features of being a customer who actually goes there: free food! They had an order for lemon chicken but, when the guy tried to deliver it, there was no response and no answer when they tried phoning the orderer back. So it had been returned to the shop, and presumably nobody who works there wanted it, so they gave it to me

I'm saving it for later though, as I'm full from the food I actually ordered. No idea what cold lemon chicken tastes like, but I'll give it a go

Comment

ah, it's family then?
            my sympathies old chap
            I was warned about selling to relatives but there you go.

I didn't think they wanted the house and was on the verge of selling my own when they decided they wanted it.

Considering the stress over the last year it ain't been a bundle of larfs & no mistake.

This evening's epic, following the unexpected trip to Tesco, was ""A Theory of Everything", being the biography of Professor Stephen Hawking.

It was rather good in its way.

The Theory of Everything (2014) - IMDb

Now watching the repeat of the Oak Island nutjobs on a 32" screen instead of the 10" screen last Sunday.

The really really good news is that the reason the bath next door didn't have any water was that there were checkvalves underneath that hadn't been turned on.

I trust that they weren't turned off for A Very Good Reason, like the drain not being connected.

Currently there's no damp patch on the ceiling below so we may be in luck.

Still rather galled that despite having all the tools in the world, I still failed to get the bottom hinge pin out of the back door.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2019, 22:36.

Comment

Big Chicago theme with tonight's entertainment, opening with The Blues Brothers (1980), in which Jake and Elwood get the band back together so they can pay the property taxes on the orphanage in which they were raised, and both mayhem and music ensue

Brilliant stuff, which I hadn't seen in many, many years. I noticed that Aretha Franklin doesn't even try to lip-sync adequately during her bit in the diner; but hey, she's Aretha Franklin, and she can do or not do as she damn well pleases. It's her diner

And then more of Chicago, and some other places such as the Giant Red Spot, in Jupiter Ascending (2015). It's all a bit complicated at the start TBQH, but once you get into it, it's great; I'll probably watch it again quite soon, as it strikes me as one of those films that would benefit from hindsight. Highly recommended.

And finally, not Chicago, but Westminster: I decided to rewatch House of Cards, being the original British series from 1990, the first broadcast of which coincided so fortuitously and neatly with the downfall of The Wicked Witch Thatcher. This is the BBC's HD re-release on Blu-ray; they made it at the time the American spin-off came out, but for some reason they don't seem to have made it available on the streaming services. A shame, as Ian Richardson's subtle changes of expression in his tight close-ups to camera are a thing of absolute beauty in HD, being deeply unsettling even though you know he can't really see you

It's supposed to be snowing out. Sounds more like it's pissing down to me. Maybe it's snowing out in the countryside where they don't benefit from the heat of the city

Goodnight all

Comment

And here we are again.

Morning.

Strange dreams overnight.

Was pissing down.

Currently dry.

Very windy.

Sun's out.

Nothing seems to have blown away that I've noticed.

Next door's car is now in next door's car port whilst the Strangelove vehicles are out in the weather.

Though it must be said that the missing panels in the roof of said carport don't contribute much in the way of cover.

Comment

Morning all a tad breezy out. Millie almost took off given the lift from her ears.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The black cat was complaining bitterly that I was remiss in not being up & about at 06:00 to feed him.

I don't think he understands weekends.

<hiatus whilst I negged meridian again>

<hiatus>

Just to make sure the snowflake meridian gets even more irritated.

He/she/it would last 5 minutes on mumsnet.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2019, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Still rather galled that despite having all the tools in the world, I still failed to get the bottom hinge pin out of the back door.
                      you needed the tremulating spadgrowler with the lefthanded grendelsprocket.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X