• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Overcast here, but a nice big walk earlier
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning
      grey and dry in sarf herts.

Comment

I take it the ape is still in bed, snoring gently.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I really must stop checking progress of my PHP code by sticking in echo <rude word> lines. Just left out a quote in my PHP and the error log said

unexpected crap on line 368
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I take it the ape is still in bed, snoring gently.
            Indeed. Had a rubbish night's sleep, plagued by dreams that managed to be somehow unsettling enough to wake me up while also being about such unutterably trivial circumstances that they weren't even interesting

Luckily I'd forgotten to set any alarms, so I made up for the lost sleep this morning

Grey day out, though dry, at least for now

And I just got my ticket for Boring Conference IX

Comment

Off to the doctor's later, as my prescription last month asserted that my medication needed to be reviewed. It does this every few months, and usually the receptionist will just reset it. But I figure I might be due for the blood tests they like to do every so often; and although I stopped taking the anti-platelet stuff in December as instructed by the cardiologist, it still shows as available on the list, and I think only the doctor can remove it.

Glad they're only next door. It'd be a pain to have to trek somewhere just to get somebody to click on a checkbox then "Delete", and tell me I need to have my precious blood sucked out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Off to the doctor's later, as my prescription last month asserted that my medication needed to be reviewed. It does this every few months, and usually the receptionist will just reset it. But I figure I might be due for the blood tests they like to do every so often; and although I stopped taking the anti-platelet stuff in December as instructed by the cardiologist, it still shows as available on the list, and I think only the doctor can remove it.

Glad they're only next door. It'd be a pain to have to trek somewhere just to get somebody to click on a checkbox then "Delete", and tell me I need to have my precious blood sucked out
                Well, that was quick. Arrived a few minutes early to find an empty waiting room (apart from the receptionist). I'd barely sat down and pulled my phone out before the beep went for me to go in.

As expected: Ticagrelor off the list, fasting blood test to be done. I was out of the room, made the appointment for the blood test, and was leaving by three minutes after the appointment was supposed to start

And then up to the Amazon Locker to collect a book.

The blood test is on Monday at 9:30. They always book fasting ones early "so you don't have to go too long without breakfast". They should put a note on my file saying to do them at lunchtime so I don't have to get up early

Though I've just remembered the car is going for its MOT on Monday. I usually pop into Greggs for a breakfast baguette on the way back after dropping it off, but now I can't do that

Comment

Getting there:

The font size selection is based on the standard range of point sizes from the days of letterpress, from 72pt down to 10pt: [72, 60, 48, 42, 36, 30, 24, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10]. I initially included 8pt and 6pt, but they're too small to be worthwhile.

The algorithm is simple enough: given some text and a width and height, first take 80% of both the width and height to allow for a decent margin. Then, starting with the largest font size and working down, find out what the size of the rendered text would be. If both width and height of that are smaller than the values calculated above, use it. Otherwise go for the next one down and try again. If the image is too small even for 10pt, just don't bother with any text. All brought to you by the function "largest_font_for_text_fitting_width_and_heigh t"

Comment

"But what about light-coloured images where white text doesn't have a sufficient contrast ratio?" I hear you cry. Never fear: v.

Comment

Tea/dinner was M&S breaded haddock (a not so chunky chunk).

Entertainment, such as it is, is provided by "Ocean's Eight(2018)" with Sandra Bullock et al.

Ocean's Eight (2018) - IMDb

Which was pretty average all in all until this twat turned up:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0179479/...ttfc_fc_cl_t63

At which point I set the dvd on fire.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X