• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This business of getting the forum database to work with Unicode is a right can of worms
      At least summit you have control over. I've been looking at SEO for my little business website again. Some products come up right near the top on Google with search terms I think people are likely to use, others are nowhere. Not much you can do about competition.

Even got a top item on page 1 - "identify british land invertebrates" Wow.

PS For a suitable bribe, can you plant a cyber bomb in the BR... sub-forum?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight's film was Good Time (2017), in which a bloke and his mentally handicapped brother attempt a bank robbery, which goes wrong resulting in the brother being nicked. So the bloke attempts to raise bail for him, which involves him in a sequence of increasingly desperate schemes over the course of the night.

Apparently many reviewers raved over it, but I side with the less enthusiastic; it had its moments, but it wasn't that good. The incidental music seemed to have been heavily influenced by Tangerine Dream though, which helped

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Overcast but dry out there
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Odd sort of morning's shopping.

Couldn't find a replacement for the practically new washing up bowl that cracked after about 4 or 5 months.

I've never had one do that before.

It seems to be made out of a different, less flexible, type of plastic which probably didn't help a ot.

It's wet & drizzly out and the wind is rising.

In the end I decided that paying £4 for a red bulb was a bit daft considering that it's only going to get a maximum of 2 months use, so a CFL is in there instead.

Other than the remarkably restrained 7" of 2nd hand dvds, I bought nothing in town.

Which just reminded me to go & get tomorrow's beef out of the freezer before I forget. Again.

Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?
            Nice here, isn't it?

Today's first feature in the unbearable tedium of a wet Saturday afternoon is "The Longest Day (1962)" with a plethora of stars ascendant and descendant.

The Longest Day (1962) - IMDb

Including a chap who was Captain Pike in another universe, far far away and long long ago.

Well that was loooooong, a bit like the day, really.

Rather good in a B&W sort of way.

This evening's 2nd feature, after a remarkably uninteresting tea/dinner obtained via cans left by the late Strangelove Mater some 4 or more years ago, proved to be "Eagle Eye (2008)" with Billy Bob Thornton, Shia LaBeouf, Rosario Dawson & Michelle Monaghan.

Eagle Eye (2008) - IMDb

I found it to be rather good in a demented way, but then I'm pissed as a fart so maybe that judgment is impaired in some inscrutable way.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 January 2019, 20:52.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but mild again here (9°C)

My Dad's back in hospital after having developed a fever and puking a lot yesterday

They reckon it's a chest infection, but he's already getting better. He's got his own room on the ward to keep any puking away from other patients (I presume they're afeard of ending up with an entire ward of patients all puking simultaneously, so there's a tip if you want your own room on the NHS), and I've just been informed that he's now shovelling down soup to make up for lost calories. Should be home again on Monday if all goes well.

Comment

Lunch, by the by, was pâté on toast, and was very nice

And late, as usual

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    And very nice it was

There's going to be rain later, but apart from a chilly breeze it's still quite mild out there

Comment

Now to decide what to watch tonight. Spoilt for choice at the moment…

Comment

Working...
                      X