• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    how unfair
    On you or the poor buggers that have to sit near you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh Dear(tm), the first years are busily building their little 741 amplifier circuit boards.

It's not going terribly well.

Missing tracks.

Capacitors in the wrong way round.

All good clean fun.

I'm waiting for the 741 in the wrong way round.

In other news, I (and others) are glad to say that the flatulence seems to have abated somewhat.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Been raining earlier, but the sun's just turned up

Mild too, at a reported 9°C.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Oh Dear(tm), the first years are busily building their little 741 amplifier circuit boards.

Stone me, some of this lot are dense.

Cobalt Thorium G dense.

It's just as well that oik Specifically In General doesn't venture in here or he'd disagree with my experience.

Oh, and they're not Chinese by the way, but local aboriginals.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            On you or the poor buggers that have to sit near you?
            I'd normally say the latter, but to say this office is sparse would be an understatement.

Comment

Stone me, some of this lot are dense.

Cobalt Thorium G dense.

It's just as well that oik Specifically In General doesn't venture in here or he'd disagree with my experience.

Oh, and they're not Chinese by the way, but local aboriginals.
              Keep an eye on your wallet!

Wales has 'highest imprisonment rate' in western Europe
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Indeed.

That's why it's next to the family jewels.

Comment

After the brief interval of sunshine, it's back to grey with showers for now

On the bright side: bacon in the fridge that Needed To Be Eaten™ so a bacon butty (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    After the brief interval of sunshine, it's back to grey with showers for now

On the bright side: bacon in the fridge that Needed To Be Eaten™ so a bacon butty (wholemeal) for lunch
                    I'm going to have to go on a diet.

14st beckons at the current rate of progress & jeans seem to be getting a bit tight.

Comment

I'm going to have to go on a diet.

14st beckons at the current rate of progress & jeans seem to be getting a bit tight.
                      I'm basically back where I was before I went into hospital, with a bit more on top

Speaking of getting in shape, the Corolla is home

In fact they phoned at just on five to tell me, as I started replying to this post, so I've been down and collected it

My theory about the rear brakes sticking was partially correct: it was in fact the nearside front brake and the offside rear brake that were both sticking

New brake pads up front, new disks and pads on the back, and new calipers for the aforementioned, along with a full service, brought the total to just over £700. Could be worse, and hopefully that's all sorted for a bit

Comment

Working...
                      X