• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's film was Denial (2016), based on the true story of David Irving the pseudo-historian's ludicrous libel suit against Penguin Books and actual historian Deborah Lipstadt. This backfired spectacularly, with the judge ruling that Irving "…is an active Holocaust denier; that he is anti-Semitic and racist, and that he associates with right-wing extremists who promote neo-Nazism", leading to Irving being declared bankrupt due to the costs of the case, among other well-deserved consequences. I thought it was very good, though I assume they played fast and loose with the facts a bit for the sake of a good story - in contrast with Irving doing so because he was a racist, anti-Semitic, Holocaust denier, and right-wing extremist :nazi:

And then some more of The West Wing. Only one more episode of this season (or series), after which I might have a break for a bit

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all! :wave

Up early, Bolton on't 'ill today. Hope it's not as foggy as it was yesterday! Uncommonly warm for the time of year.

Putting code into "git" today - oh joy of joys!

Have a good day all!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning, though it looks like the middle of the night.

Dark. Black as my heart.

Dry.

Warmish side of notsocold. 15.8 in the living room, 9 in the laundry room with a min of 8.8.

And another day in the funny farm dawns at about 8 a.m.

<hiatus>

This morning there is a dawn!

There is light to the east.

No two suns in the dawn.

Even better.

Sun's out.

A bit wan but 101% better than yesterday.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2019, 08:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all haven’t looked outside the hotel yet.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, and not too chilly at 7°C

Waiting to hear if the physios have had my Dad walking yet, as was the plan

Comment

Does anyone know why looking at Google satellite from different computers shows different images?

While I see the New Slough Of Desponde as it was back last June (ish), my mate, looking at the same location sees it as it was about 5 years ago, just a car park covered in weeds.

Odd.

<hiatus>

Works ok here.

It's a mystery.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2019, 18:52.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Of absolutely no interest to anyone else here, but I finally got around to undertaking a formal Colour Assessment and Diagnosis test. Really odd thing - basically spent the best part of an hour staring a box of flashing colours. Strangely hard going - it definitely plays with your mind/vision a little bit.

Anyway, I'm officially colour blind but apparently it's fairly mild and I meet the Civil Aviation Authority / EASA threshold for an unrestricted medical meaning I'm now allowed to fly at night.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Of absolutely no interest to anyone else here, but I finally got around to undertaking a formal Colour Assessment and Diagnosis test. Really odd thing - basically spent the best part of an hour staring a box of flashing colours. Strangely hard going - it definitely plays with your mind/vision a little bit.

Anyway, I'm officially colour blind but apparently it's fairly mild and I meet the Civil Aviation Authority / EASA threshold for an unrestricted medical meaning I'm now allowed to fly at night.
                  So you're an official 'fly by night' then?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Excellent!

Will you also be allowed to dive at dawn?

Comment

Afternoon all.

Last afternoon of this contract. No-one's budging on the things I've requested changing so it's looking like non-renewal. Lots of half-promises from the agency but nothing solid in writing, and they're not willing to answer emails, only the phone.

Shock horror, the things the pimp promised wrt remote working at the start were a fabrication and a complete surprise to the client.

The slippery tulip even tried to get me on WhatsApp this morning.

I shouldn't be surprised - I've been doing this long enough now.

Clear me a space on the bench...

Comment

Working...
                      X