• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Today's epic incident was stepping on a fecking nail in the fecking garage in a fecking new pair of shoes, thusly ruining the right one and puncturing the ball of my foot.

This will, no doubt, lead to sepsis, weil's disease and tetanus.

It's been nice knowing you all.
    Don't forget the gangrene!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Apparently I have a temperature of 38.5°C to 39.3°C, depending on which ear I stick the thermometer in, which is around 101°F to 102.5°F

Not ideal
      My ears also vary by around .5 degree.

Felt so crap that I only managed a half day invoicing yesterday!

Comment

High-level talks proceeding well here at the summit.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          High-level talks proceeding well here at the summit.
          Do you mean you're all speaking in squeaky voices?

Comment

Morning denizens

Well, nearly. Kept waking and going back to sleep again for most of it

I was strongly tempted to phone up and cancel my appointment at the LRI, but I might as well get it out of the way

Feel tulip though
            Yes, I was mightly pleased to be up & about at 4 a.m. this morning.

Don't forget the gangrene!
            Damn.

I forgot the gangrene.

Ho hum.

Dinner/tea/lunch/breakfast/brunch today was the remains of Sunday's roast beef with carrots and onions.

It was ok in parts.

The cat will have the rest.

Odd really since previous bits have been ok.

Finally persuaded a vac to work, the Electrolux one that hasn't got a handle any more.

Once I'd thrown away all the hepa filter crap and found some ancient bags that Strangelove Mater had bought for it about 15 years ago, it proceeded to suck cement dust into itself reasonably successfully.

The Samsung one makes an astonishing amount of noise and succeeds only in creating clouds of dust.

The Toshiba is mostly fecked.

The Hoover Junior is totally fecked since the motor won't go round.

Today's bonfire managed to burn some crap but got rained on with a vengeance just after I came in.

Do you mean you're all speaking in squeaky voices?
            They've got their heads in a helium balloon*.

*Don't try this at home, it's fatal.

Just had a look in the FAQ forum.

What a strange place.

This evening's first feature was "Desierto" with Gael García Bernal, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Alondra Hidalgo.

Desierto (2015) - IMDb

It was rather good in its way.

Today's 2nd feature was "The Infidel" with Omid Djalili, Richard Schiff, Archie Panjabi.

The Infidel (2010) - IMDb

It's toe curling in parts and very funny in others.

Just found a recording of Mr Portillo's Train thing that I recorded back in 2014 for Strangelove Pater, which he never watched.

Ho hum.

And, oddly enough, I've never recorded another since.

Even more oddly, it's almost exactly 5 years since he collapsed outside the back door & got carted off to hospital (it's 5 years and 1 day).

Spooky.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2018, 23:31.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I hadn't felt any desire to eat anything today, but for tea I had the last of the chicken balti out of the freezer with the usual accompaniments, and it was very nice indeed

And I feel ever so slightly better for it, or at least I do right now

Temperature's just under 102°F so no real change there

Comment

You're trying to make me jealous.

Nothing I've cooked this week tastes of anything at all.

Today's epic was epicurean in its complete lack of flavour.

The only thing that tasted of something was the sprouts.

If one gets to the stage where that's the only thing to look forward to then one is sadly doomed, doomed I tell ye, doomed.

I think I'll have to have a really really hot bonfire tomorrow and burn some pallets.

Comment

No telly tonight (apart from some paramedic stuff as I ate) as I'm not really in a fit state for talking and things happening and stuff, even if it's just on a screen

Instead, I've read about two-thirds of a book of Vietnam veterans talking about their experiences over there: Nam: The Vietnam War in the Words of the Men and Women Who Fought There.

Goodnight all

Comment

Instead, I've read about two-thirds of a book of Vietnam veterans talking about their experiences over there: Nam: The Vietnam War in the Words of the Men and Women Who Fought There.
                    Inneresting. I bought "and a hard rain fell" by John Ketwin on Monday, all about his experiences in 'Nam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Rain-F...hard+rain+fell

The only bit I've read so far was the lifer Captain who wanted the troops to wear standard uniform rather than the camoflaged kit that stopped them getting offed by Chariie's snipers.

They dissuaded him from this by a gentle hint about fragging.

Morning.

Better night's sleep, thankfully, didn't need to parade around taking cough mixture at 04:00.

The refuse disposal engineers woke me at 7 when they collected the crap that I'd put out for their attention.

Warmish. 14 deg in the living room, 7.8 in the laundry room with a min of 7.3.

Dry when it's not raining.

Not windy.

Grey, but light grey rather than dark grey.

Shall be off down to town once I've finished breakfast.

Feck me, that corvina stuff is foul.

Also on the bookshelf is this little volume:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honour-Betr.../dp/184832748X

Haven't read it yet.

The one by the German sniper on the Eastern front in WWII was interesting in a horrific sort of way.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sniper-East.../dp/1781590044

Having been in with the hoi polloi for 50 minutes, I'm now off out to enjoy the sunshine.

From the racket outside, they're busily bombing the tulipe out of Epynt again.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 10:57.

Comment

Double yolker ftw

Comment

Working...
                      X