• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's tea has been chicken balti out of the freezer, with the usual bits

And while mucking about with the forum stuff today, I took a few minutes to fix the horizontal alignment of the login fields that appear in place of one's name near the top of the page when not logged in. Not that important, but it's been nagging at me for eight years or so

Comment

Tonight's epic was "The Train" with Burt Lancaster.

The Train (1964) - IMDb

Glorious black & white, 1964.

It was rather good in a 1960s B&W sort of way..
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

All TV, all the way tonight: The Sweeney, Babylon 5, and a two-parter from The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

well dawn is just breaking over the Pennines

looks a bit cloudy but may clear up

down to 2 degrees today but must have been colder during the night as I had to scrape some ice off my car
          Last edited by original PM; 22 November 2018, 08:52.

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dry.

Cold. Very. 3.5 deg in the laundry room. 14 deg in the living room.

CBS.

Bright stars.

Sun coming up like thunder rather south of the murk over Margam.

I hadn't realised previously, but it's rising over the channel now.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all hard frost outside on the walk, thankfully it wasn't too slippy.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Chilly out; still only 2°C out there, though the frost (if there was any) has gone from the stable roof, so it must be a "warm" 2°

It might get as warm as 6° later in the afternoon, though

Comment

Tax rebate came today, from last year's payment on account - I didn't take as much in dividends as the year before, so they've given me just over a grand back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tax rebate came today, from last year's payment on account - I didn't take as much in dividends as the year before, so they've given me just over a grand back
                    I just got EU4,500 back from the dutchies for '15/16

Comment

Lunch has been a Greggs chicken bake out of the freezer

And for some relaxing viewing while dining, a video from the US government about people being killed disposing of fireworks

Comment

Working...
                      X