• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On the train. Not actually moving yet, but I’m sure it will soon
    What?

They have trains that actually move in that Laaaahndaaaahn?

Impressive.

A mild 14 deg in the living room earlier, with 6 deg in the laundry room, where the min was 2 deg (though that was probably from earlier yesterday morning).

It was windy & a bit drizzly earlier, but on my 2nd trip the heavens opened & it was proper horizontal rain for quite a lot of it.

Walking back it wasn't too bad until the gales started in earnest, at which time I started the two steps forward 3 steps back sort of thing.

Lunch was Heinz(tm) baked beans on toast, followed by the remainder of the Morrisons Xmas cake.

It was all very nice.

Living the dream, living the dream.

I note the new owners next door haven't turned up to do the cleaning that they reckoned they'd do this weekend.

So that's normal then.

Back at the hotel, which for reasons best known to itself gave me a disabled room. So I must remember not to pull any red strings in the night

Goodnight all
    I used to get those quite regularly in Rugby.

I don't think I got one anywhere else.

Ah, it transpires that the new owners have some sort of art exhibition in Cowbridge which means they must forgo the joy of cleaning up some of the building tulipe next door.

It's amazing how often that happens.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 December 2018, 12:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

…and home

The rain has arrived at the same time I did

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Ah, it transpires that the new owners have some sort of art exhibition in Cowbridge which means they must forgo the joy of cleaning up some of the building tulipe next door.
        That's an impressive-sounding excuse - I must remember that one

Comment

Off to Italy for an important summit involving high level talks about how to maintain control when the business is going down hill.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's an impressive-sounding excuse - I must remember that one
            Oh they're full of impressive excuses.

I'm waiting for the excuses why they can't mow the fecking lawns so I'll have to do it.

Comment

Some sort of Millennium thing?

There was a time, long long ago, when that seemed vaguely important in a strange sort of way.

Then again, it was long long ago and far far away.

Comment

Some sort of Millennium thing?

There was a time, long long ago, when that seemed vaguely important in a strange sort of way.

Then again, it was long long ago and far far away.

Comment

Oh they're full of impressive excuses.

I'm waiting for the excuses why they can't mow the fecking lawns so I'll have to do it.
                  Some minor cleaning up and brushing of crap on floors done.

I suppose I could extract one of the many vacuum cleaners that currently live in the garage & do a once over with one of those.

It would raise a good deal less dust.

<cough> <cough> <wheeze>

The weather is as miserable as ever.

I was tempted to light a bonfire but I think it's rather too wet for that at the moment.

Comment

Free book! Overhead Line Electrification for Railways - 5th Edition

Comment

Followed by 20 minutes of "Young Frankenstein", the rest of which will have to wait until tomorrow.

Young Frankenstein (1974) - IMDb
                      Which has now been completed.

As is usual, some of the stuff that ended up on the cutting room floor is much funnier than some of the stuff in the film.

The bit with Marty Feldman the fur stole is extremely funny, and they kept on corpsing so it took 8 or 9 takes to get it right.

And other outtakes explain things that were less than obvious to me, dense as I am.

Tea/breakfast/dinner/lunch was spag bol (with a bit of chili added to the bol to make up for the lack of NaCl).

It was pretty good.

And it's still raining.

And it's about time I washed the dishes before the bol etches the plate.

Just remembered that the first time I saw Young Frankenstein was in the Odeon in Swansea & there was a couple sat behind me with the female scolding the chap about the way he was laughing.

I wonder if he dumped her or if she's buried in an unmarked grave somewhere.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 December 2018, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X