• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

I think I might be feeling marginally better today, but it's a very thin margin

Maybe it's just that the symptoms have rearranged themselves on the scale of severity, so I actually feel just as wretched but in a different way

Comment

Added to the list

Some delivery person just started hammering on the front door, so I dragged myself out of bed, threw some clothes on, and shambled down - only to find that the young lady from the ground floor back was already there

It was the big box of, I think, some kind of ready-mixed protein shakes that the bloke in the first floor back gets delivered most weeks. Though if he's that concerned about health and fitness, perhaps he should reconsider standing out in the back yard or on the front step smoking a fag at odd hours in the middle of winter

Comment

Well its festive jumper and cheap buffet time today

Although as you would expect the expected faces of senior management are making sure no one has too much fun.

Do you think people are born like that or they work real hard to be a complete asshat?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Currently watching "Colombiana" with Zoe Saldana.

Colombiana (2011) - IMDb
          Found the 2nd copy of that this morning.

It was in one of the many piles around the gas fire.

I'm sure there must be another one hiding somewhere, just teasing me a bit, like.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Do you think people are born like that or they work real hard to be a complete asshat?
          It's genetic.

Baa! Humbug!

Ewan the Purple Dream Sheep | Dunelm

It's pissing down again.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 13:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's been quite sunny here, but it's starting to cloud over now. The rain should arrive overnight, apparently

My temperature seems to have come down a degree or so; now somewhere around 100 to 101°F

Nectarine for lunch, as my appetite still isn't what could be

And Amazon are quoting Monday for the delivery of a few gift cards. I would have thought slinging three of their own brand gift cards into a cardboard envelope and dropping it off at one of their own lockers would take a day or two at most, even at this time of year

Though I've noticed they're a bit more cautious with delivery dates lately, thereby often giving the impression of delivering a day or so earlier than promised

Comment

There's a thing on the BBC news site about the joy of working in Amazon Swansea.

It must be said that the drones that get off the bus in the mornings seem full of the same sort of excitement that I suffer from.

Staff at Amazon's Swansea warehouse 'treated like robots' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                There's a thing on the BBC news site about the joy of working in Amazon Swansea.

It must be said that the drones that get off the bus in the mornings seem full of the same sort of excitement that I suffer from.

Staff at Amazon's Swansea warehouse 'treated like robots' - BBC News
                They will be happy when they are replaced with actual robots.

Comment

The robots are probably treated better, as they're more expensive to replace if they break down

Comment

Indeed - you can just chop up the humans and put them in the garbage disposal

Robots need to be disposed of properly - and woe betide you if you try and take them to the council dump without the correct paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Indeed - you can just chop up the humans and put them in the garbage disposal

Robots need to be disposed of properly - and woe betide you if you try and take them to the council dump without the correct paperwork.

Quite.

Them WEE Directives are really fierce.

Just had my arm down next door's drain to remove the accumulated crap left by the building feckwhits who plainly lacked the intelligence to cover the grid to stop the drain filling up.

Of course the real question is why I was doing it rather than the owners.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 17:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X