• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the station. Train three minutes late

Comment

On the train

The rear first class carriage is unavailable as it’s occupied by Leicester City Association Football Club, who wandered past me on their way to the far end of the platform, all clad in black tracksuits

Comment

Eyestrain now.

Why does everything get smaller & smaller, and to make it worse, blue?

I can just about read the beige bodied resistors (4 band) but I have next to no chance of reading those blue bodied 6 band monstrosities.

There should be laws!

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Eyestrain now.

Why does everything get smaller & smaller, and to make it worse, blue?

I can just about read the beige bodied resistors (4 band) but I have next to no chance of reading those blue bodied 6 band monstrosities.

There should be laws!

Couldn't you just stick a meter over them?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Made it to the hotel

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Couldn't you just stick a meter over them?
              Yes, but it's good practice to try and read the damn things.

Unfortunately I have to use a lot of magnification and the colours aren't exactly clear.

Tea/lunch/breakfast/dinner this evening was a Morrisons kippered herring (overcooked) and some M&S breaded haddock (ditto).

It was more or less edible, the haddock rather more than the kipper.

Followed by several slices of Morrisons Xmas cake, plus some Vienetta which made my crowned tooth hurt.

The evening's "entertainment" was provided by "The Setup" with Bruce Willis, 50 cent, and Ryan Phillipe.

Setup (2011) - IMDb

It was the mediocre side of not quite total crap.

And had the advantage of being 1hr 22 minutes long.

For which relief, much thanks.

Followed by 20 minutes of "Young Frankenstein", the rest of which will have to wait until tomorrow.

Young Frankenstein (1974) - IMDb

TFBSZ.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back at the hotel, which for reasons best known to itself gave me a disabled room. So I must remember not to pull any red strings in the night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Feeling more than a little fragile after last night’s revelries

Comment

Just enjoyed a very good breakfast at the renowned Regency Café with mudskipper and vwdan

I suppose I’d better check out and go home at some point

Comment

On the train. Not actually moving yet, but I’m sure it will soon

Comment

Working...
                      X