• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    SNAFU then, eh?
    Oh yes

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      After my shower (cold of course), I hope to watch the remainder of "The Godfather".

The Godfather (1972) - IMDb

I'd forgotten the damn thing is nearly 3 hours long so I couldn't have watched it all yesterday even without the excitement of the busted builder.
      I managed to watch the first and second back around New Year, but I still haven't found time for the third one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I managed to watch the first and second back around New Year, but I still haven't found time for the third one
        Finished the first one, now on to "The Godfather II" with yet another selection of obscure thespians.

And, at 3hr 13mins, it's even longer than the first.

TFBSZ.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's meal is going to be very late, as for some reason I thought this would be a good time to learn how to use both the food processor I got from Sainsbury's in that double Nectar points promotion, and the Instant Pot computerised pressure cooker I got off Amazon's Black Friday sale

Both fine pieces of kit, no doubt, but I should have dealt with them earlier in the day really

Anyway, dinner is finally pressure cooking, and it smells nice enough

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Anyway, dinner is finally pressure cooking, and it smells nice enough
            And very nice it was: beef and Guinness casserole, with chips and peas

The Instant Pot did an excellent job of rendering the meat nice and tender, as pressure cookers do, though I need to remember to use less liquid with it. But it has a setting you can use to reduce sauces once stuff's cooked and you've taken the lid off, so that's handy until I get used to it

Comment

Pasty & chips plus some Polski Lager(Mokne apparently). All good.

Tomorrow its half day for little ones XMAS show and an agent taking me out to get pissed . OK its an agent but its free booze & food.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Got to go out again tomorrow! Dentist again

Due to the lateness of dinner, the only telly I watched was a bit more of Ambulance while I ate.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning...

Still dark and wet in Manchester.

I still have a cold and feel like tulip...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      an agent taking me out to get pissed . OK its an agent but its free booze & food.
                      Gosh.

It's 20 some years since Orion took me out to the Mongolian Restaurant in Taff's Well. There's tidy then.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Black side of very grey.

No moon.

No sun.

No Venus.

Warmer.

Currently dryish.

Bus on time.

Llantwit Road still dug up.

Wednesday.

And what is the excitement of Wednesday?

Putting the bin bag out for collection this evening.

14.8 deg in the living room, with the laundry room at 7.8, the min was about 4.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 December 2018, 08:53.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X