• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one for the iFANs.

Just found an article by a chap I was in skool with, back in the day, in a 1983 copy of "Wireless World" (as it was then).

He seems to have stayed in Loughborough for most of the intervening years.

Even got married & now has grandkids.

Seems to have shades of Gricer about him too. (What is it about railways?).

Who'd have thunk it?
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 December 2018, 09:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and just starting to rain; though not that chilly for early December, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Here's one for the iFANs.
        I heard the thing about iPhones (more recent models) and helium a while back; it didn't make it into Monday Links for some reason I forget: iPhones are Allergic to Helium

Comment

Pâté on (white) toast for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Round Robin email thingie
            Wot do you like about Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde?
            Trying my best not to answer "July 6th 2019".

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I heard the thing about iPhones (more recent models) and helium a while back; it didn't make it into Monday Links for some reason I forget: iPhones are Allergic to Helium
              <pedant mode>
              Amused by the idea that monatomic He is "molecular".
              </pedant mode>

Comment

Hectic (kind of) afternoon. First, to the barbers (though I think they like to be called hairdressers), where I found myself in a long enough queue that it was over an hour before I got out of there. Still, that's my hair made reasonably presentable for Christmas, which will keep my mother happy

For the record, it was talks-a-lot-but-does-a-good-job woman working; she does Thursdays on her own. And apparently I would have found the place deserted but for her if I'd got there ten minutes earlier

And then onwards to do the shopping. By then I was late enough to get caught in the tail end of the evening school run, but once I got to the shops I found them refreshingly quiet, and made it back before the worst of the rush hour had got going inbound.

While I was queuing for the haircut, my right hearing aid battery ran out. It had given me the "battery low" message last night, then ran out just before I went to bed, but had perked up enough to last twenty minutes or so when I put it in just before going out.

And then the other one ran out just as I arrived at M&S.

So now I get to start them both on a new battery at the same time, and see if once again they drift out of sync by a couple of hours each time

Comment

This is it I'm on me last legs.

Although the missus assures me no one has ever died of man flu I am not convinced.

[emoji2961]

Comment

X5 home through the mist & drizzle.

Thoroughly unpleasant evening, all in all.

Trip home from the Cambrian via Morrisons where one increased the stock of comestibles considerably, including the treat of a pair of Eccles Cakes (reduced), one of which has recently been consumed.

Prior to that, tea/dinner was lentil <pffffft> soup.

It was all very nice, though the soup was as tasteless as I've come to expect, being completely sans NaCl.

It was comprised of portions of 3 batches, last Sunday's, the previous Sunday's, and another one from about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I feel sure that there's more in the freezer if I dig down far enough.

Once the dishes are done, it's on to "Godfather III" from 1990, which is the weakest of the 3.

It must be said that "The Godfather Saga" is a pretty good way to watch the first two, being chronological and containing deleted scenes from the first two.

The other thing from Morrisons was a dvd of "Gotti" which will get added to the pile to be watched when I feel like it.

Possibly some time around 2028 if "The Godfather" is anything to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      This is it I'm on me last legs.

Although the missus assures me no one has ever died of man flu I am not convinced.

[emoji2961]
                      https://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji2961.png

HTML Code:
                      <Error>
                      <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
                      <Message>Access Denied</Message>
                      <RequestId>95C7A94A47D759C5</RequestId>
                      <HostId>
                      x/bA2e6dVLbtE+GsDiDcQcEkC7rH1AD0BC3o5x/DKrkuxbY2V/FkJM7fKN/VBPtpPrWrmu5kSK0=
                      </HostId>
                      </Error>
                      Not sure what's going on there

Comment

Working...
                      X