• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And you call me having a fire "old school"? That joke was around when God was a boy.

As for the fire, it's either light it or turn on underfloor heating in the office. I've got plenty of wood from our trees and plenty of paper to shred to get the fire going.
    It's a dual fronted stove, so it heats the office and the sunroom at the same time. (Fireview Double )
    mmmm is the lady one of the cost options!

Comment

Raining now, and a bit windy too

On the other hand, it's quite mild out of the wind: 13°C or so.

It was a lot colder this time last year.

And this time eight years ago, there was deep snow outside. I remember it because I was in the throes of what is now known as my first heart attack, and the ambulance that took me to the hospital on blue lights couldn't manage more than about 20mph for the entire journey

Comment

'Tis windy out there.

It's windy in here too.

Sprouts, you know.

Tea this evening (aka dinner) should be the last of Sunday's turkey.

Assuming the house hasn't blow away in the gale.

Fortunately the dead tree opposite the garage managed to fall over last week sometime, and is now decorating the canal rather than landing on my garage the way its partner did some years ago.

There's a dredger in the dock.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2018, 16:17.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Wish me luck - I'm off to check if the chickens have made it to bed OK. The Dog (tw) will be home soon, so I'll be walking her shortly.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Fun fact, for certain values of "fun": the member profile page is pretty much the most complex page on the entire forum

This probably explains why certain parts of it have been a bit broken since the last time the forum changed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Tea this evening (aka dinner) should be the last of Sunday's turkey.
              And very nice it was too, even remembered the cranberry jelly stuff, which turkey needs to make it anywhere close to interesting.

The wind is rising and it's spotting with rain intermittently.

The bus home was the X5, which seemed more than averagely jerky, both accelerating and braking.

Thankfully the walk home was dry.

In the NeverEndingStory of the house updations next door, the radiators (the installed ones) are now connected to pipes.

Dunno what the pipes are connected to though.

The uninstalled radiators are mostly leaning against walls.

This evening's epic was "The boys of Sunset Ridge" with Pat Morita, Ronny Cox, Burt Young, and John Heard.

The Boys of Sunset Ridge (2001) - IMDb

Being the story of 4 friends playing golf from 1933 to 1986.

I'm not interested in golf but it was a rather enjoyable film.

It was the presence of Ronny Cox and Pat Morita on the cover that led to me buying it.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2018, 22:01.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That's the member profile page finally sorted out - well, a few minor tweaks to some font sizes wouldn't come amiss, but all the complicated bits like editing one's profile in-place and so on seem to work

Oven's warming up, and as and when I was getting frustrated by the profile page I popped out to the kitchen and did one of the stages of cleaning the deep fat fryer. There's fresh oil in there now, ready to make chips - though there aren't any homemade chips, so I'll have to make do with frozen ones

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea tonight was the rest of the roast pork shoulder from the other night, sliced thickly and reheated in the oven, with chips and beans. Very nice, it was

It's well windy out now

Comment

A TV night tonight, with S3E2 of Mr. Robot, S2E1 of The Good Place, and finally another bit of The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X